Chartered Building Surveyor
A great opportunity for a Chartered Building Surveyor to become part of our growing building surveying team in our Birmingham office working on a wide and varied range of building surveying disciplines in a commercial environment with a national client base including The Crown Estate, Aviva, Legal & General, Screwfix and Amazon.
You will have the opportunity to gain more autonomy, build client relationships and have the potential to specialise in a chosen area. You will be part of a very supportive environment with great opportunities for career progression.
Tuffin Ferraby Taylor is a professional building consultancy with over 40 years in business. We are enjoying the success achieved through becoming one of the largest independent practices of our kind. We have over 130 partners and employees operating from a network of offices in Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Guildford, London and Manchester.
Primarily working within the commercial sector undertaking, but not limited to:
- Contract administration
- Technical Due Diligence
- General building surveying commercial work in line with a Chartered Building Surveyor role, including defects
- MRICS (0-3 years PQE)
- Degree in Building Surveying
- Excellent and accurate report writing skills
- Experience of working in a pro-active commercial environment
- Sound knowledge of building contracts in a commercial context
- Able to meet fee targets and generate new business through building successful client relationships
- Commercially astute
- Embraces technology
- High level of up to date technical building knowledge
Skills and behaviour
- Must be a good team player and able to work independently
- Confident and concise communicator both verbally and in writing
- Business focused
- Thorough understanding of the needs and demands of clients
- Competitive salary plus benefits: Car allowance, Fee related bonus scheme, technology options to support preferred working style together with iPhone, Private Health Care (after 12 months), career development investment, Personal Accident cover, Life Assurance, 25 days holiday, Professional Membership subscription and Perkbox benefits subscription.
- Cycle scheme, interest free season ticket loan and company pension scheme all available on completion of probationary period.