Chartered Project Manager
An excellent opportunity for an MRICS Chartered or Senior PM to work as part of the Birmingham development and project consultancy team, providing high calibre project management services to high end commercial clients. Primary role is to service current workload, including investor led refurbishment and added-value schemes across commercial office, residential, retail and industrial asset classes. This is an excellent opportunity for a project manager or for someone looking to make the step up to senior level.
Tuffin Ferraby Taylor is a professional building consultancy with over 40 years in business. We are enjoying the success achieved through becoming one of the largest independent practices of our kind. We have over 130 partners and employees operating from a network of offices in Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Guildford, Birmingham, Manchester and Edinburgh.
Primarily working within the commercial sector, undertaking:
- Project management services on office, retail, residential (and other) refurbishment, fit-out and new build schemes typically ranging from £0.5m to £20m
- Contract Administration and Employer’s Agent Role
- Enhance TFT’s service offering for project delivery
- Good working knowledge of key JCT contracts, including experience in contractual issues such as extension of time, loss and expense claims
- Building business relationships to support strategic growth objectives
- MRICS/APM qualified from a Building Surveying or technical background, would be desirable
- Strong relevant track record
- Ability to meet and exceed fee targets
- Building on existing client relationships with positive outcomes
- Ability to generate ideas for new services and targets
Skills and behaviour
- Business focussed
- Build relationships with clients for repeat business
- Socially adept and willing to network at business development events
- Confident, client facing communicator both verbally and in writing
- Able to manage and lead others and project teams
- Lateral mindedness – able to think creatively to develop the brief, assemble the team and drive them through the feasibility, outline, detailed and final
- proposals stages of the design.
- Commercially driven
- Comfortable dealing directly with clients, contractors and consultant teams
- Must be a positive team player but able to work independently
Competitive salary offered plus benefits: Car allowance, fee plus bonus scheme, mobile phone, Private Health Care (after 12 months), Personal Accident cover, Life Assurance, 25 days holiday, Perkbox membership and excellent career progression opportunities.
Cycle scheme, interest free season ticket loan and company pension scheme all available on completion of probationary period.