Electrical Building Services Engineer
Working as part of an expanding building services (M+E) team, we are looking for a competent electrical design consultant to deliver variety of project and professional instructions. Ideally you will have professional experience within the building services engineering industry, ideally with a consultancy or contractors in a design or facilities services background.
TFT’s building services (M+E) team consists of 15 engineers across our network of UK offices and provides a platform for professional and career development, and the opportunity to work on high profile and leading commercial properties and developments.
The team is expanding rapidly, and this is an opportunity for a candidate to make an impact on a key service line within an established business. You will work with clients such as The Crown Estate, Intu and Inspired Village Group on developments such as Merry Hill Shopping Centre, The Gate in Newcastle, Arena Central in Birmingham and Retirement Living villages nationwide.
Tuffin Ferraby Taylor is a professional building consultancy with over 40 years in business. We are enjoying the success achieved through becoming one of the largest independent practices of our kind. We have over 130 partners and employees operating from a network of offices in Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Edinburgh Guildford, London and Manchester.
Key accountabilities and deliverables
All aspects of building services electrical design including:
- Low voltage distribution
- Lighting and emergency lighting
- Lighting Control systems and technologies
- Small power
- Fire detection and alarm and security systems specification
- Technical report writing
- Working knowledge of BS 7671 IET Wiring regulations is required
- Technical due diligence survey experience is preferable but not essential
- Client & contractor liaison skills
- IT knowledge to include MS Word, Excel, and Project, plus design software such as Amtech, Dialux and Relux along with AutoCAD is preferable
- Working knowledge of SBEM and Part L requirements
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in relevant subject
- Working towards MCIBSE or keen to do so (full support will be given)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with people of all levels and seniority
- A flexible approach to work with a willingness to travel
- Ability to prioritise and act on own initiative
- Excellent organisational skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Commercial awareness and desire to be client facing
Competitive salary plus benefits: Car allowance, Fee related bonus scheme, technology options to support preferred working style together with iPhone, Private Health Care (after 12 months), career development investment, Personal Accident cover, Life Assurance, 25 days holiday, Professional Membership subscription and Perkbox benefits subscription.
Cycle scheme, interest free season ticket loan and company pension scheme all available on completion of probationary period.Apply now