Graduate Architectural Technologist
A fantastic career opportunity for a graduate/junior CAD technician to develop into a Senior Architectural Technologist with full training and support from our in-house expert.
You will work closely with the Building Consultancy Partners and Senior Architectural Technologist to provide CAD and modelling support to the building and project consultancy teams across TFT, including sustainability to support energy modelling, and develop your understanding of building construction and UK building regulations and standards.
To support your career progression, TFT will sponsor you to complete HNC Building or equivalent to develop your working knowledge of buildings, as well as helping you to develop new software skills in line with business needs.
Tuffin Ferraby Taylor is a professional building consultancy with over 45 years in business. We are enjoying the success achieved through becoming one of the largest independent practices of our kind. We have over 130 partners and employees operating from a network of offices in Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Guildford, London and Manchester.
- Designing projects using AutoCAD
- Preparing detailed drawings using AutoCAD and SketchUp
- Working closely with technical team members to achieve work required
- Keen interest in, and knowledge of, the built environment
- Degree in Architectural Design Technology. Some work experience in a professional practice would be an advantage.
- Working knowledge of BIM would be useful but not essential
- Work experience within a CAD position is preferred
- Preparedness to learn IES & BIM
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to keep calm under pressure and work to tight deadlines
Skills and behaviour
- Good communication and organisation skills
- Thorough understanding of the needs to complete work within a timescale
- Enthusiastic and a drive to learn
- Reliable re timekeeping, attendance and following instructions
- Methodical approach
Great career progression opportunities and competitive salary offered plus benefits: Private Health Care (after 12 months), Personal Accident cover, Life Assurance, 25 days holiday and Perkbox membership.
Interest free season ticket loan, cycle scheme and company pension scheme upon completion of probationary period.