Senior Associate Project Manager
This is a senior appointment to lead and develop project consultancy in the Manchester office, providing high calibre project management and employer’s agent services to high-end commercial clients. Part of the role will be to service current workload, including investor led refurbishment and added value schemes across commercial office, residential, retail and industrial asset classes. The other part of the role is to develop the Project Management workload and raise the profile of the service in the Northwest region.
This is a senior role and the individual would either join at Technical Partner level or Associate/Senior Associate with the opportunity to progress into the Technical Partner role subject to performance and progress.
Reporting lines and key relationships
Reporting directly to Partner in Charge and Head of Development and Project Consultancy and the local Business Unit leader.
Tuffin Ferraby Taylor is a commercial building and project consultancy with over 40 years in business. We are enjoying the success achieved through becoming one of the largest independent practices of our kind. We have over 130 partners and employees operating from a network of offices in Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Guildford, London, Manchester and Edinburgh.
Work with the Partners to drive the business forward and develop the Project Management capabilities within the Northwest.
- Primarily working within the commercial sector, undertaking project management services on office, retail, residential, industrial refurbishment, alteration and value-add projects on schemes from up to £20m, including Contract Administration and Employer’s Agent Role as appropriate
- Enhance TFT’s service offering for project control and delivery
- Good working knowledge of JCT contracts and demonstrable experience of high level project management delivery
- Building new business to support strategic growth objectives
- MRICS qualified ideally from a Building Surveying or technical background
- Member of the Association of Project Management or Project Management qualification would be an advantage
- Strong relevant track record
- Ability to meet and exceed fee targets
- Building client relationships with positive outcomes
- Ability to generate ideas for new services and targets
- Experience as a driven team leader
- A profile and reputation in the market for delivering PM services
- Attendance and representation of the business at networking and business development events
Skills and behaviour
- Business focussed
- Capable of developing contacts to win new business
- Sought out by existing clients for repeat business
- Socially adept and networks at business development events
- Confident, client facing communicator both verbally and in writing
- Able to manage and lead others and project teams
- Lateral mindedness – able to think creatively to develop the brief, assemble the team and drive the project through the feasibility, outline, and detailed and final proposals stages of the design.
- Commercially driven
- Comfortable as the key client contact for each project
- Must be a positive and enthusiastic team player but able to work independently
- Able to win work through repeat business and also as a result of business development activity.
- Competitive salary
- Generous car allowance
- Fee plus bonus scheme, mobile phone & technology package, Private Health Care (after 12 months), Personal Accident cover, Life Assurance and 25 (to 27) days holiday. Cycle scheme, interest free season ticket loan and company pension scheme all available on completion of probationary period.