Senior Building Surveyor (Contract Administration)
A great opportunity for a Senior Chartered Building Surveyor, with strong contract administration experience, to become part of our commercial building surveying team in our London office. You will be delivering a wide range of building surveying services in a commercial environment with a high-level global investor and corporate occupier client base, including M&G, The Crown Estate and Aviva. You will have the opportunity to gain more autonomy, build client relationships and have the potential to specialise in a chosen area. You will be part of a very supportive environment with great opportunities for career progression.
Tuffin Ferraby Taylor is a professional building consultancy with over 40 years in business. We are enjoying the success achieved through becoming one of the largest independent practices of our kind. We have over 130 partners and employees operating from a network of offices in Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Guildford, London and Manchester.
Primarily working within the commercial sector, undertaking:
- Contract administration
- Technical Due Diligence surveys
- Office refurbs and external repairs
- General building surveying commercial work in line with a Senior Building Surveyor role, including defects
- Minor works and intermediate JCT contracts
- MRICS with minimum 3 years PQE
- Degree in Building Surveying
- Contract administration strength
- Excellent report writing skills
- Experience of working in a pro-active commercial environment
- Sound knowledge of building contracts in a commercial context
- Able to meet fee targets and generate new business through building successful client relationships
- Commercially astute
- Embraces use of technology to deliver reports efficiently
- High level of up to date technical building knowledge
Skills and behaviour
- Must be a good team player and able to work independently
- Confident and concise communicator both verbally and in writing
- Business focused
- Aptitude for business development
Competitive salary plus benefits: Car allowance, Fee related bonus scheme, Technology options to support preferred working style together with iPhone, Private Health Care (after 12 months), Career development investment, Personal Accident cover, Life Assurance, 25 days holiday, Professional Membership subscription and Perkbox benefits subscription.
Cycle scheme, interest free season ticket loan and company pension scheme all available on completion of probationary period.