Senior Quantity Surveyor
A new opportunity to become part of the expanding quantity surveying team within our established project consultancy teams, to enhance and support the main business’ growth plans. You will work as part of the cost consultancy team, providing high calibre professional advice to key clients.
This is an excellent opportunity for a proactive qualified senior or associate quantity surveyor to excel within a supportive environment offering excellent career progression opportunities.
Tuffin Ferraby Taylor is a professional building consultancy with over 40 years in business. We are enjoying the success achieved through becoming one of the largest independent practices of our kind. We have over 130 partners and employees operating from a network of offices in Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Guildford, London, Manchester and Edinburgh.
- To deliver cost planning and cost management services in relation to construction projects and in support of the project consultancy team in London.
- To deliver and develop the cost consultancy service line in the South East and expand the existing offer to key commercial investor clients within commercial office portfolios and high-end residential schemes
- Pre and post contract stages including feasibility studies, cost planning, reporting on tenders and agreeing final accounts
- Sound knowledge of building contracts including JCT
- Independent delivery of procurement; single and two stage tendering
- Ability to meet and exceed three times salary multiplier fee target
- Cost consultancy experience in the commercial, residential and retail sector
- Ability to demonstrate experience of good client relationship management
- Proven track record of delivery of successful delivery of commercial cost consultancy at a high level as well as a recognised profile in the area
- Strong experience of working on project values ranging from £1m to £30m
- Experience of using a variety of forms of contract
Skills and behaviour
- BSc Quantity Surveying
- MRICS qualified
- Deliver services with autonomy and engender confidence in clients
- Must be a good team player but able to work independently
- Confident, client facing communicator both verbally and in writing
- Commercially focussed and capable of developing client relationships
- Leadership qualities to assist in team and office growth
- Be involved in creating successful new and existing client relationships through networking and business development
- Competitive salary and generous car allowance.
- Fee Plus bonus scheme, company mobile phone, Private Health Care, Personal Accident cover, Life Assurance, 25 days holiday and Perkbox membership
- Season Ticket Loan, Cyclescheme and access to company pension scheme on completion of probationary period.