Terms and conditions
These terms and conditions apply to the entire contents of this website and to the contents of any e-mail correspondence between Tuffin Ferraby Taylor LLP (‘TFT’/”we/”us”) and you made via this website or in respect of any comment or enquiry you make via this website. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using this website.
We may revise these terms and conditions at any time by updating this posting. You should check this posting every time you access this website to review the then current terms and conditions because you will be legally bound by those revised terms and conditions.
Disclaimer of endorsement
This website may include hypertext links or other links, references or other information relating to the products, services or views of third parties. None of these constitute or imply TFT’s endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation of those third parties or their products, services, websites or views.
Intellectual property rights
The copyright, trade mark rights and other intellectual property rights in all material on this website or contained within downloads available from this website (including without limitation text, photographs, graphical images, trademarks and logos) are owned by TFT or its licensors.
You are permitted to download, store and print this website and downloads available from this website (or part thereof) only for your own private and non-commercial use or the private and non-commercial use of your firm or company provided that:
- you must not modify, alter or translate such original material;
- you must not use, reproduce, publicly display, distribute or use such material or any part of it for any public or commercial purposes without the express prior written permission of TFT;
- you must not use any graphics contained within such material separately from accompanying text; and
- you must retain all copyright, trade mark and other similar proprietary notices contained in the original materials on all copies of the material.
Subject to the above, no part of this website or any download made available on this website may be reproduced, downloaded or stored in any other website or included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service without TFT’s prior written permission.
If you would like to link to this website from your website, you may only do so on the basis that you link to, but do not replicate, the home page of this website, and subject to the following conditions:
- you do not remove, distort or otherwise alter the size or appearance of the any trade marks or logos appearing on this website;
- you do not create a frame or any other browser or border environment around this website or any form of link that disguises the URL of, and/or bypasses the homepage of, this website;
- you do not in any way imply that TFT is in any way endorsing any products or services other than its own;
- you do not misrepresent your relationship with TFT nor present any other false information about TFT;
- you do not otherwise use (whether as or as part of any branded link or otherwise) the name “Tuffin Ferraby Taylor” or any associated trade marks or logos displayed on this website;
- your website does not contain content that is distasteful, defamatory, offensive or controversial, infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or otherwise does not comply with all applicable laws and regulations;
- you will immediately remove and cease to operate such links upon TFT’s request, which shall be at TFT’s sole discretion; and
- you shall fully indemnify TFT for any loss or damage suffered by TFT for your breach of any of the above conditions.
Changes and access to website
While TFT has used reasonable efforts to ensure that the information on this website is correct, such information may include technical inaccuracies and/or typographical errors. TFT does not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the material on this website or any download available from this website. TFT may make changes to the material on this website, or to the products, services and prices described in it, at any time without notice. The material on this website may be out of date, and TFT makes no commitment to update such material.
TFT may at its sole discretion change, remove, or suspend access to, the website or any part of it without notice to you.
Viruses and bugs
Whilst TFT has endeavoured to ensure that downloads from this website are free from viruses, bugs, worms and malicious or disruptive codes, TFT cannot guarantee that this is the case. You must ensure that you take appropriate measures and utilise anti-virus software to protect your information technology systems from the foregoing.
This website, and its contents, is provided on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis, without any conditions, warranties, representations, guarantees or other terms whatsoever, whether express or implied, including without limitation any warranty of accuracy, completeness, quality, satisfactory quality, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement of third party rights, and all of the foregoing are hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. No oral or written information or advice provided by us in response to any comment or enquiry made by you via this website shall create any term, condition, warranty, formal offer of goods or services or legally binding contract, nor shall you or any other person rely on any such information or advice.
Exclusion of liability
You, as a user of this website, shall assume all responsibility and risk for your use of this website and TFT accepts no responsibility and shall not be liable for any losses (including without limitation indirect, direct, consequential, incidental, special, exemplary or punitive damages of any kind, loss of profits, loss of or damage to data or information technology hardware or software) arising from your use, or otherwise connected with, this website including without limitation any such losses resulting from:
- your, or any other person’s, use or reliance on this website or download available from this website or information contained therein, any link to a third party website (or the contents of that website) contained on this website or any response to any comment or enquiry made by you via this website; or
- any errors, omission or inaccuracies of or in any information or material contained in this website or any download available from this website; or
- any interruption or suspension of access to, your inability to use, or any change, alteration or removal of, this website or any download available from this website or any link to any third party websites contained on this website; or
- any virus, bug, worm or malicious or disruptive code which may access your information technology systems, or unauthorised access to your information technology systems, resulting from your use, storage or downloading of this website or any download available from this website, including without limitation loss or deletion of, or damage to, data or files or such systems.
Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit TFT’s liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence, fraud or any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Law and jurisdiction
These terms and conditions and any dispute arising in any way in relation to this website will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England. You irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Tuffin Ferraby Taylor LLP (‘TFT’/”we”/”us”) believe that internet privacy is important and that any personal information collected by us from you should be dealt with responsibly.
Collection and use of information
Within the website, we invite you to download documents or to contact us with any enquiries or comments. Where you have contacted us with an enquiry or comment we may use your information to reply to your enquiry or comment. We may also use your information for market research purposes and may pass your information to independent researchers engaged by us for those purposes. Further, where you have consented, we may use your information to let you know (by post or by e-mail as applicable) about other products and services which we offer which may be of interest to you.
We also collect information that identifies, for each page accessed on the site, the network identity of the computer that has accessed it. We use this information for network and usage analysis as well as research into usage patterns for the purpose of improving this website.
Disclosure of information
We will not disclose any personal information you provide via this website to third parties without your consent, except to our researchers for the purpose stated above or as otherwise permitted by applicable data protection legislation.
You have certain rights under the Data Protection Act 1998 in relation to the personal information that we hold about you including a right to see such information and to ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date. If you wish to do this, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are entitled by law to charge a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information requested.
‘Cookies’, which are small text files that are placed on your computer when you first visit the site, are used on this website. Cookies make it easier for you to log on to and use this website during future visits. They also allow us to monitor website traffic and to personalise the content of this website for you. Most browsers now recognise when a cookie is offered and permit you to refuse or accept it, although if you refuse to accept cookies you may not be able to use certain features of this website.
All comments, queries and requests relating to TFT’s use of your personal information are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com.