Sustainability is ingrained throughout the practice as a fundamental belief and we help you to set and achieve corporately sustainable and responsible property investment, ownership or occupation strategies.
Our belief is that there is immense benefit in a plain language approach. You need a practical, commercially accountable framework to recognise and meet your sustainability commitments.
This might include strategic advice to help you address the legislative and financial risks when evaluating prospective acquisitions or major refurbishments. Identifying risks at purchase might also include energy performance advice as well as a context review of the building fabric.
Sustainability advice can also be applied during the life of the building – we assess the performance of your existing assets in relation to sustainability and your corporate objectives. This should identify improvements or enhancements that can be costed and implemented.
We have accredited BREEAM assessors to evaluate and certify office, industrial and retail performance, Ska assessors for office fit-outs and Code for Sustainable Homes qualified assessors for developers and registered social landlords.
We also work as retained sustainability consultants, providing dedicated sustainability advice in either an in-house capacity or remotely. We act as part of the team bringing a highly focused, objective approach which considers the opportunities and business case for implementing sustainability measures today against potential obsolescence tomorrow.
Our approach sets out to provide you with the vision to address future building obsolescence, where legislation or life expired services conspire to impact directly on your investment, ownership or occupation.
With greener buildings becoming no longer an ideal but a requirement, we are best placed with not only the technical expertise but also the commercial understanding to guide you.
Our expertise includes:
- Energy modelling, management and audit.
- ESOS compliance and associated energy efficiency improvement advice.
- Stakeholder engagement including post-occupancy evaluation, Soft Landings and social value.
- Ecology and biodiversity.
- Energy and environmental measurement including EPCs, BREEAM and SKA.
- Renewables advice covering a range of low and zero carbon technologies such as CHP, solar thermal, photovoltaics, biomass and wind power.
- Environmental management and resource efficiency covering waste, water and energy.