Role: Associate or Associate Director Building Surveyor – Cardiff
TFT is the independent building consultancy working to improve the wellbeing of people and the performance of buildings. Our success begins with our people, so you’ll have our full support to help you thrive in your role.
Become an industry leader
We are passionate about leading our industry, whether we’re on site, advising our clients, delivering professional best practice, or speaking at industry conferences. You’ll be empowered and supported to do so too (don’t worry, we know this doesn’t come naturally for everybody).
Working styles and career progression to suit you
mare passionate about people and provide individual focused career opportunities to suit you! Our hybrid working and inclusive hiring and working practices ensure just this, including a personalised career plan and training from the moment you join us regardless of your role. We want you to bring the real you. You are welcome. Included. Accepted.
Got an idea? Tell us about it. Join the big thinkers.
In balance, at work or play
We are at our best when we’re healthy, happy and in balance. As well as health insurance and wellbeing initiatives like weekly exercise classes and cycle-to-work scheme, we offer mental health first-aid and personal support. As a sociable team, we’re always ready to celebrate a project, a birthday, take on a new fundraising or sporting challenge together, or just get together and have a good catch up!
About the Associate or Associate Director Building Surveyor role:
An excellent opportunity for an Associate or Associate Director Building Surveyor to play a key part in the commercial building surveying team providing high calibre professional advice to clients.
You will support delivery and growth of services across the South West, forging relationships with both internal and external clients to deliver market leading advice. Clients include high-level global investor and corporate occupier client base, including M&G, The Crown Estate, Aviva and L&G.
As a commercially focused building surveyor, passionate about supporting and motivating a team, you will be helping us to grow the Cardiff office and maintain and further develop client relationships and diversify the range of our current service offering, as well as progressing your own career.
We are passionate about people and you will be part of a flexible and very supportive environment with great opportunities for career progression.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Associate Director Building Surveyor to play a key part in TFT’s commercial building surveying team providing high calibre professional advice to clients. Primarily working within the commercial sector, you’ll undertake all round building surveying work including the following:
- Technical Due Diligence
- Refurbishment and redevelopment projects
- Contract administration
- Pre-acquisition surveys
- Planned preventative maintenance
- General building surveying commercial work e.g. Dilapidations
You’ll have the following:
- MRICS with minimum 4 years PQE
- Degree in Building Surveying
- Excellent report writing skills
- Expertise in general building surveying i.e. contract administration and dilapidations
- Experience of working in a pro-active commercial environment
- Sound knowledge of building contracts in a commercial context
- Commercial focus to meet fee targets and generate new business with successful client relationships
- An interest in new technology and innovation in your practice
- A high level of up to date technical building knowledge
- Flexible working
- Competitive salary and generous car allowance
- TFT’s Fee Plus bonus scheme
- Personal Accident cover, Private Health Care (after 12 months), Life Assurance
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle scheme
If you think this role could be for you, or have any questions for us, please get in touch with our HR team – email@example.com
We can’t wait to hear from you!