Associate Project Manager
Strictly no agencies
To work as part of the Bristol development and project consultancy team, providing high calibre project management services to high end commercial clients. Primary role is to service current workload, including investor led refurbishment and added-value schemes across commercial office, residential, retail and industrial asset classes. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to progress their career.
Ideally you will have a strong profile in the Bristol market with a network of contacts regionally as well as with London based ‘target’ clients. You will use this to attract clients to help grow the service line and build a technical specialist profile at TFT.
TFT is the leading independent firm of Development, Built Asset & Sustainability consultants. We’re proud of our reputation for integrity and delivering work of the highest quality, blended with commercial pragmatism. We offer a strong track record across all commercial property sectors, advising investors, developers, occupiers and owners on maximising best property asset values.
Diversity and strength in depth is important to us. Whether it be a technical thought leader with a career’s experience – or a recently qualified rising star – in today’s risk averse world you need people on your side with a reputation for diligence, transparency, intellect and commercial insight. We are large enough to provide the expertise and resources to get the best from their portfolios, and small enough for it to matter personally.
With nearly 50 years in business we are enjoying the success achieved through becoming one of the largest independent practices of our kind. We have over 140 partners and employees operating from a network of offices in Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Edinburgh Guildford, London and Manchester.
TFT have an enviable client list of top UK investors and institutional/developer clients such as M&G, L&G, Mapletree and Aviva.
- Primarily working within the commercial sector, undertaking:
- Project management services on office, retail, residential (and other) refurbishment, alteration, extension and fit-out projects on schemes typically ranging from £1m to £20m, but with some far in excess of this.
- Contract Administration and Employer’s Agent Role
- Enhance TFT’s service offering for project delivery
- Good working knowledge of key JCT contracts, including experience in contractual issues such as extension of time, loss and expense claims etc.
- Building new business to support strategic growth objectives by securing repeat business through successful project delivery.
- Ideally from an MRICS building surveying background. We will also consider an MRICS quantity surveying background.
- Preferably MAPM or willing to work towards it
- Demonstrable PM experience including procurement advice, contract administration, employer’s agent and programme management
- Aspirational and motivated to progress and play a key role in the PM service line (regionally and nationally)
- Demonstrable experience of working on commercial return, fit out and new development project values ranging from £500k – £30m.
- Ability to meet and exceed fee targets
- Driven individual with a strong track record in client management and business development
- Leading project teams and building trust
Skills and behaviour
- Business focussed
- Sought out by existing clients for repeat business
- Socially adept and networks at business development events
- Confident, client facing communicator both verbally and in writing
- Able to manage and lead others and project teams
- Lateral mindedness – able to think creatively to develop the brief, assemble the team and drive them through the feasibility, outline, detailed and final proposals stages of the design.
- Organised and able to manage multiple key project issues to ensure projects remain on track.
- Commercially driven and understand fee performance/delivery
- Comfortable as the key client contact for each project
- Must be a positive team player but able to work independently
- Willing to travel
Competitive salary and excellent career progression opportunities plus benefits: Car allowance, fee plus bonus scheme, mobile phone & laptop, Private Health Care (after 12 months), Personal Accident cover, Life Assurance, 25 days holiday, 1-day charity leave per year, and Perkbox membership.
Cycle scheme, interest free season ticket loan and company pension scheme all available on completion of probationary period.
Sponsorship is available to complete the APM Project Management Qualification, if not held already.Apply now