Associate Project Manager
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
To work as part of the London development and project consultancy team, providing high calibre project management services to high end commercial clients. Primary role is to service current workload, including investor led refurbishment, added value and new build schemes across commercial office, residential, retail and industrial asset classes. This is an excellent opportunity for a senior project manager or for someone looking to make the step up to associate level.
- Primarily working within the commercial sector, undertaking: Project management services on office, retail, residential (and other) new build, refurbishment, alteration, extension, and fit-out projects on schemes typically ranging from £2m to £30m, but with some far in excess of this, and Contract Administration and Employer’s Agent Role
- Enhance TFT’s service offering for project delivery
- Good working knowledge of key JCT contracts, including experience in contractual issues such as extension of time, loss and expense claims etc.
- Building new business to support strategic growth objectives by securing repeat business through successful project delivery.
- MRICS or MAPM qualified ideally from a Building Surveying or technical background (Architecture or Engineering for example)
- Strong relevant track record in project delivery (with large degree of autonomy)
- Ability to meet and exceed fee targets
- Building client relationships with positive outcomes
- Leading project teams and building trust
Skills and behaviour
- Business focussed
- Sought out by existing clients for repeat business
- Socially adept and networks at business development events
- Confident, client facing communicator both verbally and in writing
- Able to manage and lead others and project teams
- Lateral mindedness – able to think creatively to develop the brief, assemble the team and drive them through the feasibility, outline, detailed and final proposals stages of the design.
- Organised and able to manage multiple key project issues to ensure projects remain on track.
- Commercially driven
- Comfortable as the key client contact for each project
- Must be a positive team player but able to work independently
Competitive salary and excellent career progression opportunities plus benefits: Car allowance, fee plus bonus scheme, mobile phone & laptop to support flexible working, Private Health Care (after 12 months), Personal Accident cover, Life Assurance & 25 days holiday.
Cycle scheme, interest free season ticket loan and company pension scheme all available on completion of probationary period.
Sponsorship is available to complete the APM Project Management Qualification, if not held already.
TFT is an independent professional building consultancy that places the wellbeing of people and the performance of buildings at the heart of everything we do. We are development, built asset and sustainability specialists with a reputation for integrity and delivering work of the highest quality, with nearly 50 years in business. We are enjoying the success achieved through becoming one of the largest independent practices of our kind. We have over 130 partners and employees operating from a network of offices in Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Edinburgh Guildford, London and Manchester.
TFT have an enviable client list of top UK investors and developers and now need additional project management support to help deliver our growing pipeline of project work.Apply now