Associate Quantity Surveyor
An excellent career opportunity for a Senior or Associate Quantity Surveyor to play a key part in the cost consultancy team in our London office, working on a wide and varied range of projects in a commercial environment. You will be client facing working with an enviable and national client base including The Crown Estate, Aviva, Legal & General and M&G among others.
You will support and enhance the business growth plans providing high calibre professional advice to key clients and will be part of a flexible and very supportive environment with great opportunities for career progression.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop and grow the QS team in London and the regions working closely with the Partner in Charge of Cost Consultancy and the local team.
- To deliver cost planning and cost management services in relation to construction projects and in support of the wider building consultancy team.
- To help deliver and support the growth of the cost consultancy service line and expand the existing offer to key commercial investor clients within office, retail, industrial and commercial office portfolios.
- Pre and post contract stages including feasibility studies, cost planning, reporting on tenders and agreeing final accounts
- Work to support the growth and expansion of cost consultancy services at TFT.
- Clear experience and use of building contracts, including JCT
- Independent delivery of procurement; single and two stage tendering
- High level end to end cost consultancy delivery in the commercial, residential and retail sector
- Ability to demonstrate excellent client relationship management
- Proven track record of delivering end to end commercial cost consultancy
- Strong experience and confident of working on project values ranging from £1m to £30m
- Implementing a variety of forms of contract
- Strong commercial experience with a proven ability to meet and exceed fee income target
Skills and behaviour
- BSc Quantity Surveying
- MRICS qualified with minimum 3 years PQE
- Deliver services with autonomy and engender confidence in clients. Be the main point of contact for projects
- Diligent in experience with complex projects
- Excellent team player but able to work independently
- Confident, client facing communicator both verbally and in writing
- Commercially focussed: Capable of developing client relationships & Willing to network at business development events and attend seminars to raise personal and TFT profile
- Leadership qualities to assist in team and office growth ahead
- Be involved in creating successful new and existing client relationships through networking and business development
- Willing to travel.
Competitive salary offered plus benefits: car allowance, discretionary bonus scheme, mobile phone & laptop, Private Health Care (after 12 months), Personal Accident cover, Life Assurance, 25 days’ holiday, flexible working opportunities and one day a year charity leave.
Cycle scheme, interest free season ticket loan and company pension scheme on completion of probationary period.
TFT is the leading independent firm of Development, Built Asset & Engineering and Sustainability consultants. We place the wellbeing of people and the performance of buildings at the heart of everything we do.
We’re proud of our reputation for integrity and delivering work of the highest quality, blended with commercial pragmatism. We offer a strong track record across all commercial property sectors, advising investors, developers, occupiers and owners on maximising best property asset values. Diversity and strength in depth is important to us. Whether it be a technical thought leader with a career’s experience – or a recently qualified rising star – in today’s risk averse world you need people on your side with a reputation for diligence, transparency, intellect and commercial insight. Clients see TFT as large enough to provide the expertise and resources to get the best from their portfolios, and small enough for it to matter personally.
We have over 150 partners and employees operating from a network of offices in Birmingham, Bristol, Cambridge, Cardiff, Dublin, Edinburgh, Guildford, Leeds, London, Manchester and Southampton.
TFT is passionate about people development and will provide you with excellent and progressive career opportunities and sponsored learning.Apply now