Chartered Quantity Surveyor
An excellent opportunity to become part of the expanding quantity surveying team to enhance and support the main business’ growth plans. You will work as part of the cost consultancy team, providing high calibre professional advice to key clients based from our Manchester office.
This is an excellent opportunity for a proactive MRICS chartered quantity surveyor with at least 1-year post qualification experience to excel within a supportive environment offering excellent career progression opportunities.
- To deliver cost planning and cost management services in relation to construction projects and in support of the project consultancy team in Manchester.
- To help deliver and support the growth of the cost consultancy service line in the North West and expand the existing offer to key commercial investor clients within commercial office portfolios and high-end residential schemes
- Pre and post contract stages including feasibility studies, cost planning, reporting on tenders and agreeing final accounts
- Sound knowledge of building contracts including JCT
- Independent delivery of procurement; single and two stage tendering
- Ability to meet and exceed fee target
- Cost consultancy experience in the commercial, residential and retail sector
- Ability to demonstrate experience of good client relationship management
- Proven track record of delivering commercial cost consultancy at a high level
- Strong experience of working on project values ranging from £1m to £30m
- Experience of using a variety of forms of contract
Skills and behaviour
- BSc Quantity Surveying
- MRICS qualified
- Deliver services with autonomy and engender confidence in clients
- Diligent in experience with complex projects
- Must be a good team player but able to work independently
- Confident, client facing communicator both verbally and in writing
- Commercially focussed:
- Capable of developing client relationships
- Socially adept and ability to network at business development events
- Leadership qualities to assist in team and office growth
- Be involved in creating successful new and existing client relationships through networking and business development
- Willing to travel. Regular travel required to Liverpool and the Midlands.
- Competitive salary and generous car allowance
- Benefits: Fee Plus bonus scheme, company mobile phone, Private Health Care, Personal Accident cover, Life Assurance and 25 days annual leave
- Season Ticket Loan, Cyclescheme and company pension scheme after probationary period.
- Excellent career progression opportunities
TFT is the leading independent firm of Development, Built Asset and Sustainability consultants. We’re proud of our reputation for integrity and delivering work of the highest quality, blended with commercial pragmatism. We offer a strong track record across all commercial property sectors, advising investors, developers, occupiers and owners on maximising best property asset values.
Diversity and strength in depth is important to us. Whether it be a technical thought leader with a career’s experience – or a recently qualified rising star – in today’s risk averse world you need people on your side with a reputation for diligence, transparency, intellect and commercial insight. We are large enough to provide the expertise and resources to get the best from their portfolios, and small enough for it to matter personally.