Graduate Building Surveyor
We have an excellent opportunity for a graduate building surveyor to join the in the Bristol office starting in August/September. Whether you are a recent BS graduate, or already have some experience, you will be part of an expanding team working on a wide range of building surveying disciplines in a commercial environment. You will be part of a very supportive environment with full support provided to achieve your APC, which includes attending our corporate graduate training sessions, bringing together national experts to up skill both TFT and client graduates.
TFT is passionate about people development and will provide you with excellent and progressive career opportunities.
TFT has an enviable client list and you will work with institutional funds such as M&G, L&G & Aviva among others. You will have the opportunity to work on a mix of professional and project work including:
- Contract administration
- Surveys and scheduled of condition
- Technical due diligence
- Building Pathology
- Due diligence services
- Specification/maintenance management
- PPM, RCA’s and licences to alter
- Pre-acquisition surveys
- Project Monitoring
- Working to complete APC competencies
- BSc (Hons) or MSc Building Surveying (RICS accredited course)
- Experience in a commercial BS firm would be useful but not essential
- Confident in talking to a wide range of people to build relationships
- Experience of CAD would be an advantage but not compulsory
Skills and behaviour
- Must be a good team player but able to work independently
- Confident communicator both verbally and in writing
- Driven and ambitious to achieve
- Thorough understanding of the needs and demands of a wide range of people and how to meet and exceed their expectations
- Accurate with high attention to detail
- Good time management skills
Competitive salary offered plus benefits: discretionary bonus scheme, mobile phone & laptop, Private Health Care (after 12 months), Personal Accident cover, Life Assurance, 25 days’ holiday, flexible working opportunities and one day a year charity leave.
Cycle scheme, interest free season ticket loan and company pension scheme on completion of probationary period.
TFT is the leading independent firm of Development, Built Asset & Sustainability consultants. We place the wellbeing of people and the performance of buildings at the heart of everything we do.
We’re proud of our reputation for integrity and delivering work of the highest quality, blended with commercial pragmatism. We offer a strong track record across all commercial property sectors, advising investors, developers, occupiers and owners on maximising best property asset values. Diversity and strength in depth is important to us. Whether it be a technical thought leader with a career’s experience – or a recently qualified rising star – in today’s risk averse world you need people on your side with a reputation for diligence, transparency, intellect and commercial insight. Clients see TFT as large enough to provide the expertise and resources to get the best from their portfolios, and small enough for it to matter personally.
We have over 135 partners and employees operating from a network of offices in Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Edinburgh Guildford, London and Manchester.Apply now