Lead Fund Monitoring Surveyor
This is an excellent opportunity to work with the Partner in Charge of Monitoring to lead the Development monitoring service line across TFT, forging relationships with both internal and external investment and institutional clients to deliver market leading consultancy advice. The role can be based from any of our offices but you must be willing to travel so a driving licence is required.
As well as working to develop and grow the service line, you will be working with existing clients such as Railpen, Aviva Investors, Legal & General, Grainger, Knight Frank Investment Management, GIC, abrdn, and M&G delivering on a range of high profile projects across several sectors, including industrial, office, purpose built student accommodation and build to rent.
As a commercially focused consultant, you will be helping us to grow our Development Monitoring services, maintain and further develop client relationships and diversify the range of our current service offering, as well as progressing your own career. You will be expected to help lead the service line and support the below actions:
- Lead the service line working group – coordinating business development, marketing, resourcing, and knowledge sharing, across all offices
- Champion the service line internally; driving improvements to working practices including templates and quality control
- Advocate and oversee operational and process improvement, promoting innovation and new ways of working.
- Drive and manage consistency and adherence to best practice
- Promote the service line externally for new and existing clients, supporting marketing as required
- Identify service line priorities and link back to the service line business plan, update annually
- Set service line SMART actions and deliver; updating progress quarterly
- Celebrate service line successes internally and externally
- Ensure marketing materials are up to date – case studies, capability statements
- Develop a community of practice and share across the firm
- Support the development of others within the business
Key accountabilities and deliverables
- Development Monitoring: independent delivery to key clients
- Technical Due Diligence
- Initial and Progress Report writing
- Financial analysis
- Achieving performance targets (fee delivery and business development)
- Degree in Building Surveying
- MRICS with ideally a minimum 6 years in a monitoring role
- Personable and confident
- Good level of experience in (and ideally specialising in) Project Monitoring for investment clients.
- Good understanding of development and funding process gained through extensive Project management experience.
- Good technical knowledge and experience in construction projects
- Excellent report writing skills (concise, clear, grammatically correct)
- Existing monitoring client base with potential to generate new work and introductions
Skills and behaviour
- Must be committed to specialising in Development Monitoring
- Methodical approach
- Must be client facing and comfortable in business development
- Must be able to handle multiple jobs and manage their own workload
- Confident and concise communicator both verbally and in writing
- Participative in team/organisational events
- Technology oriented to share information centrally
- Flexible & hybrid working
- Competitive salary and car allowance
- Benefits: Fee Plus bonus scheme, mobile phone & laptop, Personal Accident cover, Private Health Care (after 12 months), Life Assurance and 25 days holiday (27 for Associate and above)
- Season Ticket Loan, Cycle scheme and company pension scheme on completion of probationary period
TFT is the leading independent firm of Development, Built Asset & Engineering and Sustainability consultants. We place the wellbeing of people and the performance of buildings at the heart of everything we do.
We’re proud of our reputation for integrity and delivering work of the highest quality, blended with commercial pragmatism. We offer a strong track record across all commercial property sectors, advising investors, developers, occupiers, and owners on maximising best property asset values. Diversity and strength in depth is important to us. Whether it be a technical thought leader with a career’s experience – or a recently qualified rising star – in today’s risk averse world you need people on your side with a reputation for diligence, transparency, intellect and commercial insight. Clients see TFT as large enough to provide the expertise and resources to get the best from their portfolios, and small enough for it to matter personally.
We have over 150 partners and employees operating from a network of offices in Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Guildford, London, Manchester, Southampton, Leeds, and Dublin.
TFT is passionate about people development and will provide you with excellent and progressive career opportunities and sponsored learning.Apply now