Lead Mechanical Engineer (Associate Director)
This is an excellent opportunity with exceptional career advancement and progression, leading and growing a significant service line within a successful and dynamic business.
Working as part of an established building services (M+E) team, we require a highly experienced design engineer to support the development and expansion of our London M+E project offering, working closely with and reporting into, the national project team leads. You will need extensive design knowledge (both detailed and performance), robust management and leadership capabilities, business development and client relationship management skills, commercial awareness and the vision, desire and expertise to assist in the growth of a sustainable and successful service line. This role provides an opportunity to work on high profile and leading commercial properties and developments across the UK and Europe.
You will work on prestigious, seminal and landmark buildings with clients such as The Crown Estate, M+G Real Estate, Aviva Investors, Columbia Threadneedle, Broadgate Estates, Legal and General and Knight Frank Investment Management.
TFT’s Engineering and Sustainability hub consists of 21 engineers and consultants across our network of UK offices and provides a platform for professional and technical growth. You will have the opportunity to work on high profile commercial properties and developments for clients including abrdn, Derwent, Grosvenor, LaSalle, L&G, M&G and The Crown Estate.
The team is expanding, and this is an opportunity for a candidate to make an impact on key service lines within an established business, which is drive the decarbonisation of the built environment.
Key accountabilities and deliverables
- Work in conjunction with the service line leads/Partner to support the development and expansion of the London Engineering and Sustainability team offering in line with an agreed growth strategy.
- Contribute to the successful integration of project offering within the London office, working alongside existing professional services Engineering and Sustainability team.
- Manage and front London Building Services projects.
- Deliver a variety of projects (on both detailed and performance design basis).
- Provide project monitoring for institutional investors and lenders.
- Develop opportunities with existing and potential clients and in-house building surveyors and project managers.
- Monitor financial performance of team (in line with agreed targets) and report into national project leads.
- Manage pipeline work and resourcing.
- Enhance and expand an existing sustainable and profitable service offering.
- Educated to degree or equivalent in relevant subject
- Chartered Building Services Engineer (or similar equivalent)
- Extensive design experience and technical knowledge
- Proven client relationship management and business development abilities
- Ability to think innovatively and deliver on a clear vision for the future
- Commercial and business awareness
- Excellent personal and self-management skills with a strong drive to succeed and develop leadership capabilities
- Desire and ability to contribute to the growth of an existing successful service offering
- Ethical principles
- Excellent career development opportunities
- Competitive salary plus benefits: Car allowance, Fee related bonus scheme, iPhone & Laptop to support hybrid and flexible working, Private Health Care (after 12 months), Career development investment, Personal Accident cover, Life Assurance, 27 days holiday (Associate level & above), Professional Membership fees paid.
- Cycle scheme, interest free season ticket loan and company pension scheme all available on completion of probationary period.
TFT is the leading independent firm of Development, Built Asset & Engineering and Sustainability consultants. We place the wellbeing of people and the performance of buildings at the heart of everything we do.
We’re proud of our reputation for integrity and delivering work of the highest quality, blended with commercial pragmatism. We offer a strong track record across all commercial property sectors, advising investors, developers, occupiers and owners on maximising best property asset values. Diversity and strength in depth is important to us. Whether it be a technical thought leader with a career’s experience – or a recently qualified rising star – in today’s risk averse world you need people on your side with a reputation for diligence, transparency, intellect and commercial insight. Clients see TFT as large enough to provide the expertise and resources to get the best from their portfolios, and small enough for it to matter personally.
We have over 150 partners and employees operating from a network of offices in Birmingham, Bristol, Cambridge, Cardiff, Dublin, Edinburgh, Guildford, Leeds, London, Manchester and Southampton.
TFT is passionate about people development and will provide you with excellent and progressive career opportunities and sponsored learning.Apply now