The Marketing Manager will be responsible for managing TFT’s marketing initiatives and digital marketing strategy. They will use internal data, market research and digital platform analysis to direct marketing strategy and planning. This role will suit an enthusiastic and dynamic marketer with strong project management skills and understanding of business goals. The post holder will oversee the production of all marketing material and marketing campaigns, working closely with colleagues in the marketing team, business partners and across regions to achieve tangible results.
Accountabilities include but not limited to
- Marketing campaigns – develop and implement advertising and marketing campaigns which support company and department business plans in their growth aspirations. This process will include collaboration on traditional advertising, digital/social media, thought leadership pieces, sponsorship and events. Be able to analyse and report on success using metrics (ROIs). Working with the Head of BD & Marketing and the Head of Comms for alignment with overall strategy and specialist input.
- Digital – develop and implement digital marketing strategy with external consultant, reporting to and with support from Head of Comms. Plan and execute all web, SEO, email, social media and display advertising campaigns, including content experiments and conversion tests. Measure and report on performance of all digital marketing campaigns and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs).
- Website – Analyse analytics data to understand how users interact with our site. Manage website improvements with external agencies and with input from the Head of Comms and Senior Graphic Designer. Collaborate with internal teams to create landing pages, specialised SEO content, optimise user experience and increase enquires. Conduct content audits to identify gaps with input from Head of Comms.
- PR – Supporting PR and content generation with on-the-ground discovery/research to uncover news and views from across the business, while also reading widely to understand issues across the property industry. Develop ideas and write relevant marketing material for a range of audiences across channels.
- Internal comms – Editor/manager of TFT’s internal newsletter and intranet newsfeed.
- Events – Lead and manage key client events and sponsorship opportunities.
- Brand – Be a brand ambassador, external and internal content is on-brand and aligned with corporate/service line propositions. Ensure marketing material, templates and other assets adhere to brand guidelines.
- Client perception audit – Be involved in the bi-annual client perception audit: including client interviewing, transcript write-ups and recommending actions for the client teams. Review interviews for quotes to use on the website, bids, etc and obtain approval.
- CSR – Work with senior colleagues to deliver TFT’s CSR strategy by engaging business and develop campaigns to promote agreed fundraising activities and TFT’s staff volunteer day.
Key Relationships / Stakeholders
- Head of Business Development & Marketing, departmental leads, service line leads, senior graphic designer and marketing team
- All TFT colleagues
Qualifications, capabilities and experience
- Experienced Marketing and Bid Manager (5-7 years+) from a professional services background (essential)
- Relevant degree preferred
- Strong written, verbal influencing and creative communication skills, specifically relating to tendering and bid project management.
- Strong analytical skills to identify opportunities and monitor market activity and trends.
- Used to working within an integrated business development and marketing team, where collaboration is key, with an understanding of PR, graphic design, event management CRM and digital marketing.
- Manage and deliver high level accurate output
- Advanced knowledge and experience with the MS Suite are important, while experience with commercially regarded marketing software would be beneficial (e.g. InDesign).
Competitive salary reflecting performance across the role, plus benefits: mobile phone and laptop to support flexible working, Private Health Care (after 12 months), Life Assurance, 25 days’ holiday and 1-day charity leave per annum.
Cycle scheme, interest free season ticket loan and company pension scheme all available on completion of probationary period.Apply now