M&E Lead Project Engineer
This is an excellent opportunity with exceptional career advancement and progression, leading and growing a significant service line within a successful and dynamic business.
Working as part of an established building services (M+E) team, we require a highly experienced design engineer to support the development and expansion of our London M+E project offering, working closely with and reporting into, the national project team leads. You will need extensive design knowledge (both detailed and performance), robust management and leadership capabilities, business development and client relationship management skills, commercial awareness and the vision, desire and expertise to assist in the growth of a sustainable and successful service line. This role provides an opportunity to work on high profile and leading commercial properties and developments across the UK and Europe.
You will work on prestigious, seminal and landmark buildings with clients such as The Crown Estate, M+G Real Estate, Aviva Investors, Columbia Threadneedle, Broadgate Estates, Legal and General and Knight Frank Investment Management.
TFT is an independent building consultancy that places the wellbeing of people and the performance of buildings at the heart of everything we do. We are development, built asset and sustainability specialists with a reputation for integrity and delivering work of the highest quality. We are enjoying the success achieved through becoming one of the largest independent practices of our kind. We have over 130 partners and employees operating from a network of offices in Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Edinburgh Guildford, London and Manchester.
Our building services team consists of 16 highly experienced building services engineers across our network of UK offices. We deliver integrated and sustainable advice to maximise the value of property portfolios and individual buildings. Through organic growth and targeted management strategies, we are expanding rapidly and this is an opportunity for a candidate to develop a key service offering, within an established business.
Key accountabilities and deliverables
- Work in conjunction with the national project lead/Partner to support the development and expansion of the London M+E project team offering in line with an agreed growth strategy.
- Contribute to the successful integration of project offering within the London office, working alongside existing professional services M+E team.
- Manage and front London M+E projects.
- Deliver a variety of projects (on both detailed and performance design basis).
- Provide project monitoring for institutional investors and lenders.
- Develop opportunities with existing and potential clients and in-house building surveyors and project managers.
- Monitor financial performance of team (in line with agreed targets) and report into national project leads.
- Manage pipeline work and resourcing.
- Enhance and expand an existing sustainable and profitable service offering.
Educated to degree or equivalent in relevant subject
Chartered Building Services Engineer (or similar equivalent)
Extensive design experience and technical knowledge
Proven client relationship management and business development abilities
Ability to think innovatively and deliver on a clear vision for the future
- Commercial and business awareness
- Excellent personal and self-management skills with a strong drive to succeed and develop leadership capabilities
- Desire and ability to contribute to the growth of an existing successful service offering
- Ethical principles
- Excellent career development opportunities
- Competitive salary plus benefits: Car allowance, Fee related bonus scheme, Technology options to support preferred working style together with iPhone, Private Health Care (after 12 months), Career development investment, Personal Accident cover, Life Assurance, 25 days holiday, Professional Membership subscription and Perkbox benefits subscription.
- Cycle scheme, interest free season ticket loan and company pension scheme all available on completion of probationary period.