An excellent career opportunity for a Chartered or Senior Quantity Surveyor to play a key part in the cost consultancy team in our London office, working on a wide and varied range of projects in a commercial environment. You will be client facing working with an enviable and national client base including The Crown Estate, Aviva, Legal & General and M&G among others.
You will support and enhance the business growth plans providing high calibre professional advice to key clients and will be part of a flexible and very supportive environment with great opportunities for career progression.
- To deliver cost planning and cost management services in relation to construction projects and in support of the wider building consultancy team in London
- To help deliver and support the growth of the cost consultancy service line in London and expand the existing offer to key commercial investor clients within office, retail, industrial and commercial office portfolios
- Pre and post contract stages including feasibility studies, cost planning, reporting on tenders and agreeing final accounts
- Work to support the growth and expansion of cost consultancy services at TFT.
- Sound knowledge of building contracts including JCT
- Independent delivery of procurement; single and two stage tendering
- Cost consultancy experience in the commercial, residential and retail sector
- Ability to demonstrate experience of good client relationship management
- Proven track record of delivering end to end commercial cost consultancy
- Strong experience of working on project values ranging from £1m to £30m
- Experience of using a variety of forms of contract
- Strong commercial experience with a proven ability to meet and exceed fee target
Skills and behaviour
- BSc Quantity Surveying
- MRICS qualified
- Deliver services with autonomy and engender confidence in clients
- Diligent in experience with complex projects
- Must be a good team player but able to work independently
- Confident, client facing communicator both verbally and in writing
- Commercially focussed: Develop client relationships so you become a key point of contact & Willing to attend events/seminars
- Be involved in creating successful new and existing client relationships through networking and business development
- Willing to travel.
Competitive salary plus benefits: Car allowance, Fee related bonus scheme, iPhone & laptop to support flexible & hybrid working, Private Health Care (after 6 months), career development investment, Personal Accident cover, Life Assurance, 25 days holiday and Professional Membership subscription.
Cycle scheme, interest free season ticket loan and company pension scheme all available on completion of probationary period.
TFT is the leading independent firm of Development, Built Asset & Engineering and Sustainability consultants. We place the wellbeing of people and the performance of buildings at the heart of everything we do.
We’re proud of our reputation for integrity and delivering work of the highest quality, blended with commercial pragmatism. We offer a strong track record across all commercial property sectors, advising investors, developers, occupiers and owners on maximising best property asset values. Diversity and strength in depth is important to us. Whether it be a technical thought leader with a career’s experience – or a recently qualified rising star – in today’s risk averse world you need people on your side with a reputation for diligence, transparency, intellect and commercial insight. Clients see TFT as large enough to provide the expertise and resources to get the best from their portfolios, and small enough for it to matter personally.
We have over 160 partners and employees operating from a network of offices in Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Cambridge, Dublin, Edinburgh, Guildford, Leeds, London, Manchester, Leeds and Southampton.Apply now