Regional Lead – Electrical Building Services Design Engineer (Associate or Associate Director)
An excellent opportunity to become part of our friendly and collaborative business within the successful and dynamic M&E team, which forms part of the wider Engineering and Sustainability Hub.
Working as part of an established building services (M&E) team, we require a highly experienced Electrical design engineer to support the development and expansion of our Birmingham M&E project offering, working alongside our regional mechanical projects lead and reporting into the national projects service line lead/Partner in Charge. You will need extensive design knowledge (both detailed and performance), robust management and leadership capabilities, business development and client relationship management skills, commercial awareness and the vision, desire and expertise to assist in the growth of a sustainable and successful service line.
This role provides an opportunity to work for high profile clients delivering exciting projects at leading properties and developments across the UK and Europe. Our project work covers various sectors including commercial office buildings, as well as retail, industrial and residential.
TFT’s Engineering and Sustainability hub provides national coverage to our network of UK offices. We are passionate about providing personalised career progression opportunities and development for all who work with us.
Key accountabilities and deliverables
- Work in conjunction with the regional mechanical projects lead and national projects service line lead/Partner in Charge to support the continued development and expansion of the Birmingham M&E project team in line with an agreed growth strategy.
- Manage and front delivery of regional electrical projects.
- Undertake a variety of projects (on both detailed and performance design basis).
- Provide project monitoring for institutional investors and lenders, along with technical due diligence and dilapidations instructions as required (internal training/support will be provided).
- Develop opportunities with existing and potential clients and in-house building surveyors and project managers.
- Manage pipeline work and resourcing.
- Enhance and expand an existing sustainable and profitable service offering.
- Educated to degree or equivalent in engineering systems design (or be able to demonstrate comparable career experience).
- Chartered Building Services Engineer (or similar equivalent/ability to demonstrate comparable career experience).
- Extensive design experience and technical knowledge.
- Proven client relationship management and business development abilities.
- Ability to think innovatively and deliver on a clear vision for the future.
- Commercial and business awareness, with a want to be client facing.
- Excellent personal and self-management skills with a strong drive to succeed and develop leadership capabilities
- Desire and ability to contribute to the growth of an existing successful service offering
- Ethical principles
- A flexible approach to work with a willingness to travel
- Excellent organisational skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Proven record working within a multi-disciplinary team
What’s in it for you?
Competitive salary offered plus benefits: discretionary bonus scheme, mobile phone & laptop to support flexible working, Private Health Care (after 6 months), Personal Accident cover, Life Assurance, 27 days holiday, 1 day charity leave and 1 wellbeing day per year.
Cycle scheme and interest free season ticket loan and company contributory pension scheme on completion of probationary period.
TFT is the leading independent firm of Development, Built Asset & Engineering and Sustainability consultants. We place the wellbeing of people and the performance of buildings at the heart of everything we do.
We’re proud of our reputation for integrity and delivering work of the highest quality, blended with commercial pragmatism. We offer a strong track record across all commercial property sectors, advising investors, developers, occupiers and owners on maximising best property asset values. Diversity and strength in depth is important to us. Whether it be a technical thought leader with a career’s experience – or a recently qualified rising star – in today’s risk averse world you need people on your side with a reputation for diligence, transparency, intellect and commercial insight. Clients see TFT as large enough to provide the expertise and resources to get the best from their portfolios, and small enough for it to matter personally.
We have over 170 partners and employees operating from a network of offices in Birmingham, Bristol, Cambridge, Cardiff, Dublin, Edinburgh, Guildford, London, Manchester, Leeds and Southampton.
TFT is passionate about people development and will provide you with excellent and progressive career opportunities and sponsored learning.
We are BCorp Certified!
As TFT’s impact on the world has grown with the size of our business and the scale of our client services, we are determined that our future growth continues to be positive and sustainable. B Corp certification enables us to do just that, by recognising the highest standards of social and environmental performance and aligning our ongoing efforts with the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals. https://www.tftconsultants.com/tft-is-a-certified-b-corp/
DEI at TFT
At TFT we don’t aim to tick boxes and count numbers and percentages, we create an environment where anyone, from any background and life experience, can do their best work. We empower you to bring your full, authentic self to work. We are diverse by nature and inclusive by choice.
If you’re driven to perform, you’ll fit right in, we approach work fearlessly, learn quickly and improve constantly. A bright idea can come from anyone. We believe diversity drives innovation.
Our approach to diversity, equity and inclusion is simple – we embrace everyone. We wouldn’t approach a building survey in a one-dimensional way, so we don’t our people.Apply now