Rights of Light CAD Surveyor
From a construction or architectural background, this is a great opportunity for a Rights of Light CAD surveyor to join TFTs commercial neighbourly matters team based in our London office. You will be part of a growing consultancy, supporting commercial building consultancy, sustainability and major projects work. The team includes project managers, chartered surveyors, energy consultants, cost consultants and M&E. We have a national client base including commercial, office, retail, education, and housing sectors.
You will be working with leading investors and developers including British Land, Derwent, Grosvenor Britain and Ireland and The Crown Estate delivering a mix of project work and strategic development frameworks ranging from complex refurbishments and re-purposing to construction of new commercial (offices, retail and leisure) and residential developments (predominantly build to rent and affordable housing).
- HNC Building or equivalent in construction education terms
- Experience of creating models around Rights of Light
- Experience of both daylight and sunlight modelling
- Strong construction knowledge essential as well as building regulations knowledge
- High level capability in supporting building consultancy work
- General 2D and 3D drawing requirements for refurbishment
- Experience of producing M&E work
- Strong Revit, BIM and AutoCAD knowledge
- Responsive to both short turnaround work and major schemes from any office
- Keep up to date with latest building legislation, new material and sustainable development issues
- Up to date with innovative practices
- Strong experience of using either MBS or SOL
- Support building consultancy and project management teams to provide a professional and timely service
- Receive a brief, and produce scheme drawings and tender packages for construction
- High level of competency in architectural detailing and design
- Excellent knowledge of UK building regulations and planning laws
- Methodical, well organised approach to meeting tight deadlines
- Occasional site visits may be required when instructed by Associate level or above to inform design aspect of role and undertake any specific task/contractor engagement as requested
- Excellent and positive communication with internal colleagues and clients
Skills and behaviour
- Understands commercial businesses and professional practice and the need to bring in fees
- Innovation and creativity
- Confident communicator both verbally and in writing
- Enthusiastic and driven to succeed and support the development of the Neighbourly Matters team
Competitive salary offered plus benefits: fee plus bonus scheme, mobile phone, Private Health Care (after 12 months), Personal Accident cover, Life Assurance, 25 days holiday, 1-day charity leave per year and career progression opportunities.
Cycle scheme and interest free season ticket loan and company contributory pension scheme on completion of probationary period.
TFT is the leading independent firm of Development, Built Asset and Sustainability consultants. We’re proud of our reputation for integrity and delivering work of the highest quality, blended with commercial pragmatism. We offer a strong track record across all commercial property sectors, advising investors, developers, occupiers and owners on maximising best property asset values.
Diversity and strength in depth is important to us. Whether it be a technical thought leader with a career’s experience – or a recently qualified rising star – in today’s risk averse world you need people on your side with a reputation for diligence, transparency, intellect and commercial insight. We are large enough to provide the expertise and resources to get the best from their portfolios, and small enough for it to matter personally.Apply now