Senior Associate Building Surveyor (PM)
An excellent opportunity for a business focused Associate Chartered Building Surveyor, with Project Management experience and preference, to play a key part in the growth of the commercial building surveying team in our Edinburgh office, providing high calibre professional advice to clients. You will support the growth of both the office and the Project Management Consultancy and will deliver a wide range of building surveying services in a commercial environment with a high-level global investor and corporate occupier client base, including M&G, L&G and Aviva.
You will be part of a flexible and very supportive environment with great opportunities for career progression.
Primarily working within the commercial sector, you will have a Project Management and Contract Administration focus but undertake all round building surveying work including:
- Project Management
- Refurbishment and redevelopment projects
- Contract administration
- Technical Due Diligence
- Pre-acquisition surveys
- Planned Preventative Maintenance
- Project and Development Monitoring Surveyor
- General building surveying commercial work e.g. Dilapidations
- MRICS with minimum 5 years PQE
- Degree in Building Surveying with a proven Project Management track record
- Proven success of meeting fee targets and generating new business through building successful client relationships
- Experience of team mentoring and supporting the growth of a service line
- Excellent report writing skills
- Expertise in general building surveying i.e. contract administration and dilapidations
- Sound knowledge of building contracts in a commercial context
- Strong commercial awareness and understanding
- Embraces technology to deliver reports efficiently
- High level of up-to-date technical building knowledge
Skills and behaviour
- An excellent team player and able to work independently, with management skills
- Confident and concise communicator both verbally and in writing
- Business focused within a commercial environment
- Able to participate in business development
- Thought leader to support the growth of PM in Edinburgh
- Flexible working
- Competitive salary and generous car allowance
- Benefits: Fee Plus bonus scheme, mobile phone & laptop, Personal Accident cover, Private Health Care (after 12 months), Life Assurance, 25 days holiday and 1 day a year charity leave.
- Season Ticket Loan, Cycle scheme and access to company pension scheme on completion of probationary period
TFT is the leading independent firm of Development, Built Asset & Sustainability consultants. We place the wellbeing of people and the performance of buildings at the heart of everything we do.
We’re proud of our reputation for integrity and delivering work of the highest quality, blended with commercial pragmatism. We offer a strong track record across all commercial property sectors, advising investors, developers, occupiers and owners on maximising best property asset values. Diversity and strength in depth is important to us. Whether it be a technical thought leader with a career’s experience – or a recently qualified rising star – in today’s risk averse world you need people on your side with a reputation for diligence, transparency, intellect and commercial insight. Clients see TFT as large enough to provide the expertise and resources to get the best from their portfolios, and small enough for it to matter personally.
We have over 135 partners and employees operating from a network of offices in Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Edinburgh Guildford, London and Manchester.Apply now