Senior Associate Building Surveyor
This is an excellent opportunity to work with the Partner in Charge of the Manchester office to support the management of the office and team and to play a key part in delivering high calibre professional and commercial building surveying advice to clients.
Support delivery and growth of services across the North West, forging relationships with both internal and external clients to deliver market leading advice. Clients include high-level global investor and corporate occupier client base, including M&G, The Crown Estate, Aviva and L&G.
As a commercially focused building surveyor, passionate about supporting and motivating a team, you will be helping us to grow the Manchester office and maintain and further develop client relationships and diversify the range of our current service offering, as well as progressing your own career.
Primarily working within the commercial sector, undertaking:
- Refurbishment and redevelopment projects
- Contract administration
- Technical Due Diligence
- Pre-acquisition surveys
- Acting as Monitoring Surveyor (must have demonstrable project management and monitoring experience, including procurement advice, contract administration, employer’s agent and programme management.
- General building surveying commercial work e.g. Dilapidations
- MRICS with minimum 8 years PQE
- Degree in Building Surveying
- Experienced and technically excellent
- Technical Due Diligence survey experience
- Excellent report writing skills
- Expertise in general building surveying i.e. contract administration and dilapidations
- Experience of working in a pro-active commercial environment
- Sound knowledge of building contracts in a commercial context
- Able to meet fee targets and generate new business through building successful client relationships
- Commercial awareness
- Embraces technology to deliver reports efficiently
- High level of up to date technical building knowledge
- Senior profile with motivational skills to play a key role in core service lines within the business (regionally and nationally)
- Profile in the Manchester/North West market, with a strong network of contacts regionally as well as with London based ‘target’ clients
- Driven individual with a strong track record in client management and business development
- Aspirational and motivated to develop within the business
- Passionate about people and can clearly demonstrate leadership capabilities to assist in team and office management and growth
- Diverse approach to managing different people (excellent communication and interpersonal skills)
- Excellent client relationship management and business development abilities
- Enthusiastic and driven to succeed and support the development of the team and office
- Strong experience of working on commercial refurbishment, fit-out, alterations and new development project values ranging from £100k to £20m.
- Technical background, able to offer a qualitative approach to project management
- Must be a good team player but able to work independently
- Confident, professional, client facing communicator both verbally and in writing
- Commercially focused: capable of developing client relationships, socially adept and able to network at business development events
- Able to demonstrate successful CRM and business development
- Willing to travel
- Competitive salary and generous car allowance
- Benefits: Fee Plus bonus scheme, mobile technology package, Personal Accident cover, Private Health Care (after 12 months), Life Assurance, 27 days holiday plus 1 volunteering day.
- Season Ticket Loan, Cycle scheme and access to company pension scheme on completion of probationary period
TFT is the leading independent firm of Development, Built Asset & Sustainability consultants. We’re proud of our reputation for integrity and delivering work of the highest quality, blended with commercial pragmatism. We offer a strong track record across all commercial property sectors, advising investors, developers, occupiers and owners on maximising best property asset values.
With nearly 50 years in business. We are enjoying the success achieved through becoming one of the largest independent practices of our kind. We have over 140 partners and employees operating from a network of offices in Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Guildford, London and Manchester.Apply now