Senior Building Services TDD Engineer
An excellent opportunity to become part of our friendly and collaborative business within the successful and dynamic M&E team, which forms part of the wider Engineering and Sustainability Hub.
Working as part of an established building services (M&E) team, we require a Senior Engineer to support the London office technical due diligence, dilapidations and project monitoring offering, working with and reporting into, our national Service Line lead.
There will be opportunities for personal growth and developing new skills, working for high profile clients delivering exciting instructions at leading properties and developments across the UK and Europe.
Our due diligence work covers various sectors including commercial office buildings, as well as retail, industrial, medical and residential (build to rent, student accommodation and senior living).
This role is for someone who is keen to establish themselves and progress their career within a leading multi-disciplinary property consultancy practice and support the growth of our team.
The successful candidate will deliver technical due diligence, dilapidations and project monitoring instructions. Ideally you will have more than three years professional experience within the building services industry.
TFT’s Engineering and Sustainability hub provides national coverage to our network of UK offices. Training and support will be provided should the correct candidate require this to reinforce/develop existing skills to supplement current experience.
We are passionate about providing personalised career progression opportunities and development for all who work with us.
Key accountabilities and deliverables
- Work in conjunction with the national Service Line Lead and Partner to enhance the London M&E offering in line with an agreed growth strategy.
- Deliver TDD and dilapidations instructions, being predominantly based in the London office and working in the existing M&E team.
- Provide project monitoring for institutional investors and lenders.
- Acquire skills to incorporate Energy and Carbon or sustainability type assessments as part of the TDD process.
- Develop positive relationships with existing clients and in-house building surveyors and project managers.
- Drive individual financial performance in line with agreed targets.
- Manage individual pipeline work and resourcing.
- Improve and expand an existing sustainable and profitable service offering.
- Technical report writing.
- Site inspections.
- Client meetings.
- Educated to degree level in engineering systems related course of study (or comparable qualifications/career experience/on the job learning).
- Minimum three years post qualification experience.
- Incorporated Building Services Engineer (or similar equivalent)
- Communication skills with clients. Understand commercial considerations of providing due diligence advice.
- Demonstrable experience in inspecting and reporting on the condition of engineering services installations.
- Ability to co-ordinate own workload and resources required to support this.
- Innovative thinking.
- Interest in the decarbonisation of buildings and how this can be practically achieved.
- Aspiration to work towards Chartered Engineer or keen to do so (full support will be given).
- Strong personal management skills with a drive to succeed and progress.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with people of all levels and seniority
- A flexible approach to work with a willingness to travel
- Able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to prioritise and act on own initiative, working independently with guidance from line management
- Excellent organisational skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Commercial awareness and desire to be client facing
- Drive for personal growth, learning new skills and career progression
- Desire to support an existing successful service offering
What’s in it for you?
Competitive salary plus benefits: discretionary bonus scheme, mobile phone & laptop to support flexible working, Private Health Care (after 6 months), Personal Accident cover, Life Assurance, 25 days holiday, 1 day charity leave and 1 wellbeing day per year.
Cycle scheme and interest free season ticket loan and company contributory pension scheme on completion of probationary period.
TFT is the leading independent firm of Development, Built Asset & Engineering and Sustainability consultants. We place the wellbeing of people and the performance of buildings at the heart of everything we do.
We’re proud of our reputation for integrity and delivering work of the highest quality, blended with commercial pragmatism. We offer a strong track record across all commercial property sectors, advising investors, developers, occupiers and owners on maximising best property asset values. Diversity and strength in depth is important to us. Whether it be a technical thought leader with a career’s experience – or a recently qualified rising star – in today’s risk averse world you need people on your side with a reputation for diligence, transparency, intellect and commercial insight. Clients see TFT as large enough to provide the expertise and resources to get the best from their portfolios, and small enough for it to matter personally.
We have over 170 partners and employees operating from a network of offices in Birmingham, Bristol, Cambridge, Cardiff, Dublin, Edinburgh, Guildford, London, Manchester, Leeds and Southampton.
TFT is passionate about people development and will provide you with excellent and progressive career opportunities and sponsored learning.
We are BCorp Certified!
As TFT’s impact on the world has grown with the size of our business and the scale of our client services, we are determined that our future growth continues to be positive and sustainable. B Corp certification enables us to do just that, by recognising the highest standards of social and environmental performance and aligning our ongoing efforts with the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals. https://www.tftconsultants.com/tft-is-a-certified-b-corp/
DEI at TFT
At TFT we don’t aim to tick boxes and count numbers and percentages, we create an environment where anyone, from any background and life experience, can do their best work. We empower you to bring your full, authentic self to work. We are diverse by nature and inclusive by choice.
If you’re driven to perform, you’ll fit right in, we approach work fearlessly, learn quickly and improve constantly. A bright idea can come from anyone. We believe diversity drives innovation.
Our approach to diversity, equity and inclusion is simple – we embrace everyone. We wouldn’t approach a building survey in a one-dimensional way, so we don’t our people.Apply now