Senior Monitoring Surveyor
Strictly no agencies
An excellent opportunity to support and enhance the existing Monitoring team through delivery of fee work, nurturing of existing client base and introduction of new clients and opportunities.
TFT is the leading independent firm of Development, Built Asset & Sustainability consultants. We’re proud of our reputation for integrity and delivering work of the highest quality, blended with commercial pragmatism. We offer a strong track record across all commercial property sectors, advising investors, developers, occupiers and owners on maximising best property asset values.
Diversity and strength in depth is important to us. Whether it be a technical thought leader with a career’s experience – or a recently qualified rising star – in today’s risk averse world you need people on your side with a reputation for diligence, transparency, intellect and commercial insight. We are large enough to provide the expertise and resources to get the best from their portfolios, and small enough for it to matter personally.
With nearly 50 years in business we are enjoying the success achieved through becoming one of the largest independent practices of our kind. We have over 140 partners and employees operating from a network of offices in Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Edinburgh Guildford, London and Manchester.
Key accountabilities and deliverables
- Project Monitoring delivery
- Technical Due Diligence
- Initial and Progress Report writing
- Financial analysis
- Achieving performance targets (fee delivery and business development)
- Degree in Building or Quantity Surveying
- MRICS with ideally a minimum 3 years PQE
- Personable and confident
- Good level of experience in (and ideally specialising in) Project Monitoring for lenders
- Good understanding of development and funding process
- Good technical knowledge and experience in construction projects
- Excellent Excel skills
- Excellent report writing skills (concise, clear, grammatically correct)
- Ability to manage multiple live jobs
- Existing lender contact base with potential to generate new work and introductions
Skills and behaviour
- Must be committed to specialising in Project Monitoring
- Must be client facing and comfortable in business development
- Must be able to handle multiple jobs and manage their own workload
- Confident and concise communicator both verbally and in writing
- Participative in team/organisational events
- Competitive salary & generous car allowance
- Benefits: Fee Plus bonus scheme, company mobile phone & laptop, Personal Accident cover, Private Health Care (after 12 months), Life Assurance, 25 days holiday, Season Ticket Loan, Perkbox membership and 1-day charity leave per annum.
- Cycle scheme and access to company pension on completion of probationary period
- Excellent career progression opportunities