Senior Principal Designer
An excellent career opportunity to be part of a busy and growing Health & Safety and CDM Team, principally involved in the provision of CDM Consultancy Services under the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015 acting in the role of Principal Designer and Adviser to the Client, along with providing Health & Safety Consultancy Services when required.
Key accountabilities and deliverables
- Experienced in the delivery of the statutory duty of Principal Designer and the non-statutory roles of Adviser to the Principal Designer and Adviser to the Client under the CDM Regulations 2015.
- Prepare and produce F10 Notifications on behalf of Clients, identify and communicate Pre-construction Information.
- Understand/evaluate Construction Phase Plans, Method Statements, Design Risk Management & Risk Registers.
- Review/comment upon designs in respect of health & Safety and ensure relevant information is sourced/collated in order to produce/review a Health & Safety File and ensure compliance.
- Identify and, where reasonably practicable eliminate, reduce or control foreseeable risks that may arise during pre-construction phase.
- Undertake the role, duties and responsibilities to assist Clients, Principal Designers, Designers and Principal Contractors in understanding their statutory duties and ensuring the design process is compliant to CDM 2015 regulations.
- Undertake Health & Safety Site Inspections and produce reports in accordance with current regulations.
- Assist and support, in the continual development and improvement of the CDM consultancy services, both internally and externally, to aid the growth and turnover year on year.
- Assist and support the CDM team in answering of PQQ’s, commissions, fee bids, Audits and corporate memberships/accreditations.
- Assist and support the team in the provision of project financial information.
- Be able to manage own projects and be involved in project finance management throughout the duration.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience of working in construction under the CDM regulations is essential.
- Demonstrable experience and ability in relevant sectors across the construction industry.
- Be professionally qualified at Technician, Graduate and/or chartered level (or equivalent), and holder of appropriate health and safety related qualification(s) e.g. NEBOSH Construction/General Certificate level as a minimum.
- Hold Incorporated Membership of the Association for Project Safety (IMaPS) or can attain within 3 months of joining.
- Ability to meet and exceed fee targets
- Ability to build client relationships with positive outcomes
- Confident, client facing communicator both verbally and in writing
- Must be a positive team player but able to work independently
- Competitive salary plus benefits: Car allowance, Fee related bonus scheme, iPhone & Laptop to support flexible working, Private Health Care (after 12 months), Career development investment, Personal Accident cover, Life Assurance, 25 days holiday, Professional Membership subscription and 1-day charity leave per year.
- Cycle scheme, interest free season ticket loan and company pension scheme all available on completion of probationary period.
TFT is an independent building consultancy that places the wellbeing of people and the performance of buildings at the heart of everything we do. We are development, built asset and sustainability specialists with a reputation for integrity and delivering work of the highest quality. We are enjoying the success achieved through becoming one of the largest independent practices of our kind. We have over 130 partners and employees operating from a network of offices in Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Edinburgh Guildford, London and Manchester.Apply now