Senior Sustainability Consultant
An excellent opportunity for a Senior Sustainability Consultant to become part of our team in London working on a wide range of disciplines in a commercial environment. You will be part of a very supportive environment providing specialist resources for current instructions in London, the South East and regional locations. You will help support us to grow our sustainability services, maintain and further develop client relationships and diversify the range of our current service offering.
You will be working with leading investors and developers including British Land, Derwent, Grosvenor Britain and Ireland and The Crown Estate delivering a mix of project work and strategic development frameworks ranging from complex refurbishments and re-purposing to construction of new commercial (offices, retail and leisure) and residential developments (predominantly build to rent and affordable housing). You will be working predominately on sites within central London alongside several regional schemes.
- Provide industry leading advice to clients to support the successful achievement of identified project outcomes. Add value through your knowledge of new research, opportunities to collaborate, or raise awareness through best practice.
- Work alongside the sustainability team and TFT colleagues to provide an innovative service and inspire both internal and external teams and clients to embrace sustainability.
- Support the sustainability coordination of large-scale projects driving innovation and monitoring the integration of a broad range of sustainability aspects into design, construction and operation. These include: Designing for performance, climate resilience, healthy/sustainable materials and circularity, whole life carbon and life cycle considerations, community and social value, water efficiency, transport and accessibility, customer experience and public realm, aftercare and POE.
- Undertake sustainability appraisals of development projects and produce accompanying reports to be submitted for planning.
- Produce excellent technical reports for our commercial clients that are clear, engaging and balanced with infographics.
- Undertake and manage BREEAM certification projects including the pragmatic, cost effective development of design strategies with the project team, validation of evidence submitted, updating tracking record documents, monitoring design development, and producing meeting minutes.
- Provide specialist expertise in one or more of the following core services, in addition to BREEAM: Whole life carbon analysis including BREEAM Mat 01 and local planning authority requirements, Circular economy and sustainable material procurement approaches specifically for the different built environment markets, Post-occupancy evaluation and occupier wellbeing, or other certification schemes such LEED, Fitwel or WELL.
- Engage in CPD and knowledge development industry events, working groups, and attendance at networking opportunities.
- Draft bids and tender documentation.
- Proactively engage in business development opportunities and client relationship management, considering new and innovative ways to do this remotely.
- Degree in relevant sustainability or architectural related subject, with a minimum of 3 years’ UK based experience within sustainability consultancy working with commercial and residential real estate investors and developers.
- Experience of delivering complex projects within the built environment from design outset to practical completion. Experience of monitoring buildings in operation would be of benefit.
- Track record of delivering against individual/team financial performance targets.
- Ability to help to create, build and manage successful commercial client relationships.
- Expertise in sustainable development (buildings and masterplans), and the business case for action.
- Track record in delivering BREEAM assessments through the design and construction phases; BREEAM certified.
- Experience in carrying out whole life carbon/embodied carbon assessments using IMPACT-compliant software to support the delivery of client’s net zero carbon aspirations.
- A competent understanding of the relationships between building fabric performance, thermal comfort, ventilation strategies, embodied and operational carbon would be an advantage
Skills and behaviour
- Passionate about sustainability
- Understands commercial businesses and professional practice and the need to bring in fees
- Innovation and creativity
- Confident, client-facing communicator both verbally and in writing
- Ability to sell challenging concepts to clients through connecting with them on a personal level
- Thorough understanding of the needs and demands of clients and will to exceed their expectations
- Enthusiastic and driven to succeed and support the development of the sustainability team
- Creative in understanding environmental design
- Working towards becoming a specialist within your field of interest
- Competitive salary offered plus benefits: fee plus bonus scheme, mobile phone, Private Health Care (after 12 months), Personal Accident cover, Life Assurance, 25 days holiday and 1-day charity leave per year.
- Cycle scheme and interest free season ticket loan and company contributory pension scheme on completion of probationary period.
TFT is the leading independent firm of Development, Built Asset and Sustainability consultants. We’re proud of our reputation for integrity and delivering work of the highest quality, blended with commercial pragmatism. We offer a strong track record across all commercial property sectors, advising investors, developers, occupiers and owners on maximising best property asset values.
Diversity and strength in depth is important to us. Whether it be a technical thought leader with a career’s experience – or a recently qualified rising star – in today’s risk averse world you need people on your side with a reputation for diligence, transparency, intellect and commercial insight. We are large enough to provide the expertise and resources to get the best from their portfolios, and small enough for it to matter personally.Apply now