Technical Due Diligence Lead
An excellent opportunity for a specialist Technical Due Diligence Chartered Building Surveyor to lead TFT’s continued development and promotion of TDD on a national and European basis to increase our status in the marketplace to make TFT the ‘go to practice’ for TDD in the industry.
This will be a joint leadership role for the TDD service line at TFT, coordinating major TDD instructions involving extensive business development and client relationship management across existing and new clients.
Excellent career progression leading to Partner available.
TFT is an independent building consultancy that places the wellbeing of people and the performance of buildings at the heart of everything we do. We are development, built asset and sustainability specialists with a reputation for integrity and delivering work of the highest quality. We are enjoying the success achieved through becoming one of the largest independent practices of our kind. We have over 140 partners and employees operating from a network of offices in Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Edinburgh Guildford, London and Manchester.
Primarily working within the commercial sector, undertaking:
- To deliver high level TDD projects in the UK & Europe to a high standard
- Support the development and implementation of a TDD strategy for TFT
- Business Development and client relationship management
- Keep TFT up to date on latest TDD thinking
- Write thought leadership pieces to be sent to industry press
- Develop and grow TFT’s TDD service line
- MRICS with minimum 10 years PQE
- Degree in Building Surveying
- Demonstrable track record of delivering TDD in London and South East England on all types and sizes of buildings
- Supporting clients in their asset acquisition/disposal negotiations and resolving issues raised by TDD
- Manage Transactional Services (team) and supporting engineers/specialist sub-consultants
- Work with clients and manage their expectations and requirements
- Project acquisition and nurturing client relationships (ability to take a brief, prepare fee proposal, agreement on scope of works and lead the delivery)
- Excellent report writing skills
- Internal final quality assurance
- Lead internal working party to engender best practice, maintaining ‘best in show’ templates and service line delivery
- Liaise with external stakeholders, such as RICS, in the creation or updating of professional guidance notes, lecturing and writing articles
- Experience of working in a pro-active commercial environment
- Able to meet fee targets and generate new business through building successful client relationships
- Commercial awareness
- Embraces use of technology to deliver work efficiently
- High level of up to date technical building knowledge
- Happy to travel throughout the UK and Europe, potentially at short notice
Skills and behaviour
- Known within transactional markets, predominantly in the UK
- Good reputation and contacts with London agents
- Assist the marketing team the production of bids and other marketing collateral
- A specialist in TDD with very high attention to detail and quality
- Experienced in coordinating portfolio surveys
- Aptitude for and track record in BD & CRM within TDD
- Proven ability to support a team and mentor/develop junior team members
- Confident and concise communicator both verbally and in writing
- Business focused
Competitive salary and excellent career progression opportunities plus benefits: Car allowance, fee plus bonus scheme, mobile phone, Private Health Care (after 12 months), Personal Accident cover, Life Assurance, 25 days holiday, Perkbox membership & 1-day charity leave per annum.
Cycle scheme, interest free season ticket loan and company pension scheme all available on completion of probationary period.Apply now