Technical Due Diligence Lead
An excellent opportunity for a specialist Technical Due Diligence Chartered Building Surveyor to assist in the lead of TFT’s continued development and promotion of TDD on a national and European basis to increase our status in the marketplace to make TFT the ‘go to practice’ for TDD in the industry.
This will be to lead the TDD service line in the South East (London and Guildford), working alongside the lead TDD Partner in our Birmingham office and Senior Associate in Bristol, coordinating major TDD instructions involving extensive business development and client relationship management across existing and new clients.
Our aim is to continue the development and strength of the TDD service line to raise TFT’s status in the marketplace even higher than it currently is so that TFT are the default go-to practice for first class TDD within London, the South East and beyond.
You will liaise with our M&E, sustainability and QS service lines to innovate and develop the TDD service line offering a holistic view on building performance and energy performance and incorporating the latest technology, such as 360-degree visualisation and digital data capture as part of concise commercial reporting.
Excellent career progression leading to Partner available, along with suitable training to support the development of the service line.
We have fantastic client relationships with some of the best fund and institutional clients in the property sector and are often the consultant of choice for our client’s most significant TDD instructions, where quality of service is paramount.
We survey assets across all commercial sectors, ranging from large industrial units and data centres, student accommodation, retail, care homes and offices. Recent examples include The Leadehall Building, The Scalpel, British Land’s London HQ and De Beers, London HQ. We are also the principle TDD consultant for retail clients Amazon, Tesco, Screwfix and Superdrug. With in-house sustainability, QS, M+E teams, we provide specialist commercial advice, fully considered and integrated, within our reports.
Primarily working within the commercial sector:
- To deliver and coordinate high level TDD projects in the UK & Europe to a high standard
- Support the development and implementation of a TDD strategy for TFT
- Business Development and client relationship management
- Managing portfolio instructions in the South East, likely to be for our institutional/fund clients. We have undertaken numerous vendor survey portfolios for clients such as Aviva, L&G, The Crown Estate, M&G, KFIM, and others.
- Keep TFT up to date on latest TDD thinking
- Write thought leadership pieces to be sent to industry press
- Develop and grow TFT’s TDD service line
- Extensive and up to date TDD knowledge e.g. fire safety and cladding, and experience of a range of TDD instructions, including the purchaser and vendor processes
- Excellent ability to understand clients’ requirements and provide diligent commercial advice
- MRICS with minimum 10 years PQE
- Degree in Building Surveying
- Demonstrable track record of leading on, and delivering, significant TDD in London instructions in the UK on all types and sizes of buildings. European experience would be an advantage.
- Supporting clients in their asset acquisition/disposal negotiations and resolving issues raised by TDD
- Manage Transactional Services (team) and supporting engineers/specialist sub-consultants
- Work with clients and manage their expectations and requirements
- Project acquisition and nurturing client relationships (ability to take a brief, prepare fee proposal, agreement on scope of works and lead the delivery)
- Excellent report writing skills
- Internal final quality assurance
- Lead internal working party to engender best practice, maintaining ‘best in show’ templates and service line delivery
- Liaise with external stakeholders, such as RICS, in the creation or updating of professional guidance notes, lecturing and writing articles
- Experience of working in a pro-active commercial environment
- Able to meet fee targets and generate new business through building successful client relationships
- Commercial awareness
- Embraces use of technology to deliver work efficiently
- High level of up to date technical building knowledge
- Happy to travel throughout the UK and Europe, potentially at short notice
Skills and behaviour
- Known within transactional markets, predominantly in the UK
- Recognised profile in the marketplace.
- Assist the marketing team the production of bids and other marketing collateral
- A specialist in TDD with very high attention to detail and quality
- Experienced in coordinating portfolio surveys
- Aptitude for and track record in BD & CRM within TDD
- Proven ability to support a team and mentor/develop junior team members
- Confident and concise communicator both verbally and in writing
- Business focused
- Competitive salary and excellent career progression opportunities plus benefits: Car allowance, fee plus bonus scheme, mobile phone & laptop to support flexible working, Private Health Care (after 12 months), Personal Accident cover, Life Assurance, 27 days holiday and 1-day charity leave per annum
- Cycle scheme, interest free season ticket loan and company pension scheme all available on completion of probationary period.
TFT is the leading independent firm of Development, Built Asset & Sustainability consultants. We place the wellbeing of people and the performance of buildings at the heart of everything we do.
We’re proud of our reputation for integrity and delivering work of the highest quality, blended with commercial pragmatism. We offer a strong track record across all commercial property sectors, advising investors, developers, occupiers and owners on maximising best property asset values. Diversity and strength in depth is important to us. Whether it be a technical thought leader with a career’s experience – or a recently qualified rising star – in today’s risk averse world you need people on your side with a reputation for diligence, transparency, intellect and commercial insight. Clients see TFT as large enough to provide the expertise and resources to get the best from their portfolios, and small enough for it to matter personally.
We have over 135 partners and employees operating from a network of offices in Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Edinburgh Guildford, London and Manchester.Apply now