Role: Senior Building Surveyor – Bristol
TFT is the independent building consultancy working to improve the wellbeing of people and the performance of buildings. Our success begins with our people, so you’ll have our full support to help you thrive in your role.
Become an industry leader
We are passionate about leading our industry, whether we’re on site, advising our clients, delivering professional best practice, or speaking at industry conferences. You’ll be empowered and supported to do so too (don’t worry, we know this doesn’t come naturally for everybody).
Working styles and career progression to suit you
mare passionate about people and provide individual focused career opportunities to suit you! Our hybrid working and inclusive hiring and working practices ensure just this, including a personalised career plan and training from the moment you join us regardless of your role. We want you to bring the real you. You are welcome. Included. Accepted. Got an idea? Tell us about it. Join the big thinkers.
In balance, at work or play
We are at our best when we’re healthy, happy and in balance. As well as health insurance and wellbeing initiatives like weekly exercise classes and cycle-to-work scheme, we offer mental health first-aid and personal support. As a sociable team, we’re always ready to celebrate a project, a birthday, take on a new fundraising or sporting challenge together, or just get together and have a good catch up!
About the Senior Building Surveyor role:
An excellent opportunity for a Senior or Associate Chartered Building Surveyor, with a contract administration/project management focus, to play a key part in the commercial building surveying team providing high calibre professional advice to clients.
Our enviable client list includes major occupiers, investors and developers, and we support them on high-value developments and acquisitions. You could be working on assets as varied as London’s Leadenhall Building, Liverpool’s India Buildings, Cardiff’s Interchange and the Edinburgh St James Quarter development.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Senior or Associate Chartered Building Surveyor to play a key part in TFT’s commercial building surveying team providing high calibre professional advice to clients. Primarily working within the commercial sector, you’ll undertake all round building surveying work including the following:
- Contract administration
- Refurbishment and redevelopment projects
- Pre-acquisition surveys
- Planned preventative maintenance
- Technical Due Diligence
- General building surveying commercial work e.g. Dilapidations
You’ll have the following:
- MRICS with minimum 3 years PQE
- Degree in Building Surveying
- Confident Technical Due Diligence surveyor
- Excellent report writing skills
- Expertise in general building surveying i.e. contract administration and dilapidations
- Experience of working in a pro-active commercial environment
- Sound knowledge of building contracts in a commercial context
- Commercial focus to meet fee targets and generate new business with successful client relationships
- An interest in new technology and innovation in your practice
- A high level of up to date technical building knowledge
- Flexible working
- Competitive salary and generous car allowance
- TFT’s Fee Plus bonus scheme
- Personal Accident cover, Private Health Care (after 12 months), Life Assurance
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle scheme
If you think this role could be for you, or have any questions for us, please get in touch with our HR team – firstname.lastname@example.org
We can’t wait to hear from you!