Energy Performance, EPC & MEES
Since 2018, it has been unlawful to grant new leases leases for properties in England and Wales which do not meet the Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards (MEES). MEES use Energy Performance Certificates (EPC), with any property below an ‘E’ deemed to fail the standard.
TFT has extensive experience advising our clients on EPC and MEES regulations in the commercial, retail and industrial sectors, including risks to asset portfolios and best approach to improve failing assets.
With tighter targets on the horizon (EPC ‘B’ by 2030 and potentially EPC ‘C’ by 2027) we provide support to future proof assets for these standards, reviewing measures that provide value for money over the course of a building’s lifespan.
EPC and MEES or beyond? Advice for all needs
TFT offers expert energy performance advice to optimise new and existing buildings. Our low carbon energy assessors offer a range of bespoke solutions to suit client aspirations and needs over a building’s entire life cycle.
We are involved across all stages of a project, undertaking exercises to account for energy performance across a building’s lifecycle, and across an extensive range of building types and scope:
- Fully fitted, Cat A and Shell and Core
- Mixed-use development
We offer energy audits, regulatory compliance, low carbon design and energy performance modelling for environmental assessments.
Energy Performance services offered
- Part L energy modelling and advice
- EPC energy modelling
- Compliance with Asset certification schemes
- Energy strategies for planning (see ‘Sustainability Assessments for Planning’ for related services)
- Thermal bridging calculations, construction detailing and airtightness advice
- TM54 Operational energy performance modelling
- Post Occupancy Energy Performance monitoring and review
- Energy auditing and reporting (used in conjunction with GRESB reporting)