TFT welcomes new 7th edition of the RICS Dilapidations Guidance Note
Effective from the 1st December 2016, the new 7th Edition of the RICS Dilapidations Note provides greater clarity on a number of relevant matters, many of which are already changing the dilapidations playing field. These matters include the following:
- The roles of the surveyor: Adviser, Expert Witness and Independent Dispute Resolver.
- What constitutes supersession and guidance on where supersession can be accepted or not. This also includes reference to another ‘hot topic’: MEES (Minimum energy efficient standards) and how these standards may affect a claim.
- The RICS Dilapidations Dispute Resolution Scheme and how this new form of ADR can assist in resolving dilapidations disputes.
- More guidance on diminution valuations
- Handling of break clause situations
- Form and content of the Quantified Demand
Please contact Neil Gilbert, Partner and Head of the TFT Dilapidations Working Group for further information about how these changes may affect your dilapidations position now and in the future at email@example.com.