Chartered Building Surveyor
Start date: November 2023 (could be sooner)
An excellent opportunity for a Chartered Building Surveyor to become part of our growing building surveying team in our Edinburgh office working on a wide and varied range of building surveying disciplines in a commercial environment with an enviable and national client base including The Crown Estate, Aviva, Legal & General and M&G among others.
You will have the opportunity to gain more autonomy, build client relationships and have the potential to specialise in a chosen area as you progress through your career.
You will be part of a flexible and very supportive environment with great opportunities for career progression.
Primarily working within the commercial sector undertaking a wide range of building surveying, but not limited to:
- Contract administration
- Technical Due Diligence
- Building Pathology
- General building surveying commercial work in line with a Chartered Building Surveyor role
- MRICS (0-2 years PQE)
- Degree in Building Surveying
- Excellent and accurate report writing skills
- Experience of working in a pro-active commercial environment
- Sound knowledge of building contracts in a commercial context
- Able to meet fee targets and generate new business through building successful client relationships
- Commercially astute
- Embraces technology
- High level of up-to-date technical building knowledge
Skills and behaviour
- Must be a good team player and able to work independently
- Confident and concise communicator both verbally and in writing
- Business focused and willing to be involved in business development and building client relationships
- Thorough understanding of the needs and demands of clients
- Full driving licence and access to a car
- Competitive salary plus benefits: Car allowance, Fee related bonus scheme, iPhone & Laptop to support flexible & hybrid working, Private Health Care (after 6 months), career development investment, Personal Accident cover, Life Assurance, 25 days holiday, long service awards and Professional Membership subscription.
- Company pension scheme after 3 months
- Cycle scheme and interest free season ticket loan available on completion of probationary period.
TFT is the leading independent firm of Development, Built Asset & Engineering and Sustainability consultants. We place the wellbeing of people and the performance of buildings at the heart of everything we do.
We’re proud of our reputation for integrity and delivering work of the highest quality, blended with commercial pragmatism. We offer a strong track record across all commercial property sectors, advising investors, developers, occupiers and owners on maximising best property asset values. Diversity and strength in depth is important to us. Whether it be a technical thought leader with a career’s experience – or a recently qualified rising star – in today’s risk averse world you need people on your side with a reputation for diligence, transparency, intellect and commercial insight. Clients see TFT as large enough to provide the expertise and resources to get the best from their portfolios, and small enough for it to matter personally.
We have over 160 partners and employees operating from a network of offices in Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Cambridge, Dublin, Edinburgh, Guildford, Leeds, London, Manchester, Leeds and Southampton.
We are BCorp Certified!
As TFT’s impact on the world has grown with the size of our business and the scale of our client services, we are determined that our future growth continues to be positive and sustainable. B Corp certification enables us to do just that, by recognising the highest standards of social and environmental performance and aligning our ongoing efforts with the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals. https://www.tftconsultants.com/tft-is-a-certified-b-corp/
DEI at TFT
At TFT we don’t aim to tick boxes and count numbers and percentages, we create an environment where anyone, from any background and life experience, can do their best work. We empower you to bring your full, authentic self to work. We are diverse by nature and inclusive by choice.
If you’re driven to perform, you’ll fit right in, we approach work fearlessly, learn quickly and improve constantly. A bright idea can come from anyone. We believe diversity drives innovation.
Our approach to diversity, equity and inclusion is simple – we embrace everyone. We wouldn’t approach a building survey in a one-dimensional way, so we don’t our people.Apply now