A cost consultant, also known as a quantity surveyor, manage and advises on the cost of construction and property projects.
How does a cost consultant support construction projects?
We begin by formulating a budget to assess the initial feasibility of a project, and then, managing the cost and scope of designs to ensure that proposals stay within budget until the project can be tendered to contractors.
The cost consultant then manages the tender process and compilation of contract documents. We then switch to a post-contract role to oversee the construction works to ensure the works are progressing and remaining within budget.
How can TFT’s cost consultants help you?
TFT’s Cost Consultancy team understand, manage and report accurately on costs and will add value at the early stages and throughout a project lifecycle.
We add value by always ensuring the client has as much cost certainty as possible and their overall expenditure is kept as low as possible throughout each stage.
The effective management of cost is a critical factor in the successful delivery of a construction project. This is achieved through robust cost planning and engaging with the market through supply chain at an early stage of the process.
Our complete cost consultancy service:
Our approach to Cost Consultancy becomes integrated within a project to achieve innovative solutions at all stages of the development lifecycle. We put clients at the heart of everything we do, by listening to their requirements and sharing our knowledge of construction costs, market trends and risk management. This is achieved through helping our clients with:
- High-Level Strategic Cost Advice,
- Cost Planning and Cost Modelling,
- Cashflow Forecasting,
- Benchmarking and Market Testing,
- Feasibility Studies and Development Appraisals,
- Landlord-Tenant Negotiations,
- Procurement and Contractual Advisory Services,
- Cost Management (Change Control & Reporting, Final Account Negotiation and Settlement) of projects throughout their lifecycle,
- Whole Life Costing,
- Services, IT infrastructure and hardware, audio-visual and security systems,
- Tax and Capital Allowances,
- Fire Reinstatement Valuations,
- Employer’s Agent services and Contract Administration,
- Sustainability and Socio-Economic Cost Consultancy.
Our Clients can tell you best:
“TFT understand our pressure points and how to deal with them so that is a real plus for us.”
Jez Conen, Senior Development Manager, Inspired Villages Ltd