At TFT we are passionate about creating spaces which have the best impacts on wellbeing and health for occupants, as well as for those delivering buildings. Achieving this requires collaboration with a range of stakeholders, including owners, developers, occupier organisations and local communities.
We advise on optimising the internal environmental quality for physical and mental wellbeing. We use an evidenced-based approach, including areas of neuroscience, behavioural and environmental psychology. We help design teams and main contractors select healthy materials, that will enhance the building look and feel and support their customers’ health.
Tools for occupant wellbeing and healthy buildings
Our practical understanding is supported by a range of certification tools and a bespoke, multi-disciplinary approach including employee experience expertise.
- Undertake feasibility studies and gap analysis for the WELL Building Standard and Fitwel with experience across:
- Fully fitted, Cat A and Shell and Core
- Mixed-use development
- Communities and placemaking
- Provide technical support, coordination and review of compliance evidence for certification
- Identify design strategies for healthy internal and external spaces at the individual building level, and in support of placemaking and strategic masterplanning
- Produce bespoke strategies for development projects, tailored to individual client and tenant health and wellbeing priorities, which offer a transparent and robust commitment to wellbeing in the absence of formal certification
- Develop wellbeing strategies for HR teams
- Support the production of wellbeing educational material
- Deliver accredited CPD
The team have supported the International Well Building Institute (IWBI) with the development of UK equivalencies for the WELL Building Standard. The team are often invited to speak at events on wellbeing in the built environment, including CPD presentations and they collaborate with UCL and supporting post-grad students dissertations research projects.
The team also has experience in developing wellbeing framework support for a range of clients and Fitwel® assessments.
Supporting services offered by TFT include:
- BUS Post Occupancy Evaluation
- Thermal comfort assessment
- Daylight and sunlight analysis
- Green building certification including BREEAM and LEED.