Associate Building Surveyor / Project Manager Bristol
An excellent opportunity for an Associate Chartered Building Surveyor, with a contract administration/project management focus, to play a key part in the commercial building surveying team providing high calibre professional advice to clients.
You will be part of a flexible and very supportive environment with great opportunities for career progression.
Primarily working within the commercial sector, undertaking all round building surveying work including the following, and with an opportunity to focus on project management:
- Project Management and Contract Administration on a range of sectors.
- Project Monitoring
- Technical Due Diligence
- General building surveying commercial work.
- MRICS with minimum 4 years PQE
- Degree in Building Surveying
- Excellent report writing skills
- Expertise in general building surveying i.e. contract administration, technical due diligence and dilapidations
- Experience of working in a proactive commercial environment
- Sound knowledge of building contracts in a commercial context
- Able to meet fee targets and generate new business through building successful client relationships
- Commercial awareness and understanding
- Embraces technology to deliver reports efficiently
- High level of up to date technical building knowledge
Skills and behaviour
- Must be a good team player, but also able to work independently
- Confident and concise communicator both verbally and in writing
- Commercially focused
- Able to contribute to wider business development
- Participative in team/organisational events
- Hybrid & flexible working (3 days a week in the office)
- Competitive salary and car allowance
- Benefits: Fee Plus bonus scheme, mobile phone & laptop, Personal Accident cover, Private Health Care (after 12 months), Life Assurance and 25 days holiday
- Season Ticket Loan, Cycle scheme and access to company pension scheme on completion of probationary period
TFT is the leading independent firm of Development, Built Asset & Engineering and Sustainability consultants. We place the wellbeing of people and the performance of buildings at the heart of everything we do.
We’re proud of our reputation for integrity and delivering work of the highest quality, blended with commercial pragmatism. We offer a strong track record across all commercial property sectors, advising investors, developers, occupiers and owners on maximising best property asset values. Diversity and strength in depth is important to us. Whether it be a technical thought leader with a career’s experience – or a recently qualified rising star – in today’s risk averse world you need people on your side with a reputation for diligence, transparency, intellect and commercial insight. Clients see TFT as large enough to provide the expertise and resources to get the best from their portfolios, and small enough for it to matter personally.
We have over 175 employees operating from a network of offices in Birmingham, Bristol, Cambridge, Cardiff, Dublin, Edinburgh, Guildford, London, Leeds, Manchester and Southampton.
We are BCorp Certified!
As TFT’s impact on the world has grown with the size of our business and the scale of our client services, we are determined that our future growth continues to be positive and sustainable. B Corp certification enables us to do just that, by recognising the highest standards of social and environmental performance and aligning our ongoing efforts with the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals. https://www.tftconsultants.com/tft-is-a-certified-b-corp/
DEI at TFT
- At TFT we don’t aim to tick boxes and count numbers and percentages, we create an environment where anyone, from any background and life experience, can do their best work. We empower you to bring your full, authentic self to work. We are diverse by nature and inclusive by choice.
- If you’re driven to perform, you’ll fit right in, we approach work fearlessly, learn quickly and improve constantly. A bright idea can come from anyone. We believe diversity drives innovation
- Our approach to diversity, equity and inclusion is simple – we embrace everyone. We wouldn’t approach a building survey in a one-dimensional way, so we don’t our people.