Associate Building Surveyor
An excellent opportunity for an Associate or Senior Associate Chartered Building Surveyor to play a key part in the commercial building surveying team providing high calibre professional advice to clients.
You will support delivery and growth of services across the South East, forging relationships with both internal and external clients to deliver market leading advice. Clients include high-level global investor and corporate occupier client base, including M&G, The Crown Estate, Aviva and L&G.
As a commercially focused building surveyor, passionate about supporting and motivating a team, you will be helping us to grow the London office and maintain and further develop client relationships and diversify the range of our current service offering, as well as progressing your own career.
TFT is an independent building consultancy that places the wellbeing of people and the performance of buildings at the heart of everything we do. We are development, built asset and sustainability specialists with a reputation for integrity and delivering work of the highest quality. We are enjoying the success achieved through becoming one of the largest independent practices of our kind and we’re proud of our reputation for integrity and delivering work of the highest quality, blended with commercial pragmatism.
We offer a strong track record across all commercial property sectors, advising investors, developers, occupiers and owners on maximising best property asset values. Diversity and strength in depth is important to us. Whether it be a technical thought leader with a career’s experience – or a recently qualified rising star – in today’s risk averse world you need people on your side with a reputation for diligence, transparency, intellect and commercial insight. Clients see TFT as large enough to provide the expertise and resources to get the best from their portfolios, and small enough for it to matter personally.
We have over 150 partners and employees operating from a network of offices in Birmingham, Bristol, Cambridge, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Guildford, London, Manchester, Southampton, Leeds and Dublin.
TFT is passionate about people development and will provide you with excellent and progressive career opportunities and sponsored learning.
Primarily working within the commercial sector, undertaking all round building surveying work including:
- Technical Due Diligence
- Refurbishment and redevelopment projects
- Contract administration
- Pre-acquisition surveys
- General building surveying commercial work e.g. Dilapidations
- MRICS with minimum 4 years PQE
- Degree in Building Surveying
- Clear & concise report writing skills
- Expertise in general building surveying i.e. contract administration and dilapidations
- Experience of working in a pro-active commercial environment
- Sound knowledge of building contracts in a commercial context
- Able to meet fee targets and generate new business through building successful client relationships
- Commercial awareness and understanding
- Embraces technology to deliver reports efficiently
- High level of up to date technical building knowledge
Skills and behaviour
- Must be a good team player and able to work independently
- Confident and concise communicator both verbally and in writing
- Driven individual with a strong track record in client management and business development
- Excellent client relationship management and business development abilities
- Use of digital dictation systems to work effectively and efficiently
- Aspirational and motivated to develop within the business
- Senior profile with motivational skills to play a key role in core service lines within the business (regionally and nationally)
- Passionate about people and can clearly demonstrate leadership capabilities to assist in team and office management and growth
- Diverse approach to working with different people (excellent communication and interpersonal skills)
- Commercially focused: capable of developing client relationships, socially adept and able to network at business development events
- Able to demonstrate successful CRM and business development
Get in touch to find out more – let’s chat.Apply now