TFT’s Development Consultancy team brings together a wealth of experience in real-estate development and project delivery to provide our clients with a tailored service that can respond to their needs throughout all stages of a development project.
Working alongside our clients once an opportunity has been identified, our specialist team of TFT partners and key senior individuals offer a proactive and hands-on approach to development delivery. By drawing on our in-house expertise across a range of construction and property disciplines, and working with our network of trusted experts, we can provide tailored and managed solutions to suit our clients’ development needs.
We do not offer a commoditised service, but instead, we understand our clients’ development aims and requirements, and build a solution to meet these. Our hands-on and knowledgeable approach helps us to mitigate development and construction risk, manage and negotiate with stakeholders and third parties, reduce inefficiencies and optimise value, while providing complete transparency to our clients.
Our core Development Management Consultancy services are summarised below:
- Land acquisition and disposal strategies
- Acquisition advice on technical due diligence, planning and risk review, and feasibility
- Assessing and developing the strategic brief/development plan
- Facilitating the development appraisal
- Building the expert team
- Assembling the agency team
- Advising on appointments and legal documentation
- Assisting with L&T matters
- Financial reporting
- Programme & risk management
- Strategic planning advice and managing the planning process
- Liaising with key stakeholders
- Negotiating third-party agreements (party walls, rights to light etc)
- Liaising with a client’s agents, advisers and lawyers
- Design management and value engineering
- Project managing the procurement and construction process
- Administering the building contract/s
- Driving the letting of the building and/or disposal
- Co-ordinating the managing agent/FM contract for management of the building
In addition to the delivery services above, we provide monitoring and client-side consultancy support where development risks and obligations have been transferred to a third-party developer through joint ventures, development agreements, funding agreements etc. Our detailed knowledge of the development process and the associated legal documentation means we can protect our clients by monitoring the developer’s progress and identifying and addressing any significant risks.